MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Common Assemblies & Parts > Rails & Rollers
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 07 August 2010, 07:17
Red_boards
Just call me: Red #91

Melbourne
Australia
Question on Vee Bearings and bushes

I've found some vee bearings that seem to match specs. They're $8 apiece or so but I'm not shopping for lowest price. The bearing supplier is NLHB www.nlhb-bearing.com. The bearing is the W3X which matches the sizes of the plan bearings, especially in the all important width.

I don't have experience of the company, but it seems substantial and the supplier carries SKF and other reputable brands. What do you think?

I can't track down ready made bushings. Is there such a thing generally available or do I need to bore out some approprately sized bolts?

Much appreciated,
Red
Old Sat 07 August 2010, 07:43
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Red,
I visited the website and can't track down the data sheet or product for that matter on the site.

Typically, the WX3 (by carver, bishop, skf, tiffin, or otherwise) come with a 12MM center bushing bore.

Due to the service duty and cycle of the MM being fairly low in comparison with other machine technologies, you will probably be fine.

THE BIG thing I would look for is to make certain the bearings have DUST seals installed. If no seals I would look elsewhere.
Old Sat 07 August 2010, 10:23
Polder48
Just call me: polder

Edam
Netherlands
Red,

NLHB W3X looks the right one with one question. According to the table which I found on their site it weights 130 kg. These are havy rollers!

Polder
Old Sat 07 August 2010, 10:54
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
http://www.nlhb-bearing.com/en_M_Vie...ctID=2113&user=
Old Sat 07 August 2010, 21:22
Red_boards

Melbourne
Australia
Sean,
Thanks for the reminder on dust seals. Especially since I'll be in a foam dust environment.
Here's the link http://www.nlhb-bearing.com/en_M_Vie...tID=2113&user=

Polder,
Might have to upgrade my luggage allowance if I pack these to bring on the plane! I guess the (k) is extra.

Gerald,
Thanks for the link. I pasted it in the post but it didn't show.

I've looked at the Yitong site a couple of times but haven't been able to figure which bearing matches. The FR35(Z) seem big, which leaves the FR25(Z) which does not seem to match.

Last edited by Red_boards; Sat 07 August 2010 at 21:27.. Reason: put in link to Yitong site
Old Sun 08 August 2010, 00:26
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
http://www.yi-tong.com/en/guide_wheels.htm
Old Sun 08 August 2010, 05:22
Polder48
Just call me: polder

Edam
Netherlands
Red,

The yi-tong YTG W3X will do and the weight is right.

Polder
Old Sun 08 August 2010, 07:41
Red_boards

Melbourne
Australia
Gerald,
Thanks for the link. Hadn't seen that page yet.
Polder

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read