MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 02 February 2016, 15:38
KE6CVH
Just call me: Mike K

Batangas City
Philippines
Hello from American in Philippines

Hello folks, I am a retired US military living with my wife and 6yr old triplets in the Philippines. I have been putting together a makerspace and have a 3d printer and desktop cnc milling machine (that I need to use for first time but still building shop). I would like to find out more information regarding potential use of mechmate as CNC plasma cutter. Will the speed be good for a mechmate as a plasma cutter? If I purchase plans is there a version specifically for a CNC plasma cutter? Unfortunately, in the market place I did not see lasercut and prebent parts advertised in the Philippines? What sizes will I need to work with for parts concerning shipping for largest parts? How much will I expect to spend making a table? Best regards, Mike
Old Wed 03 February 2016, 04:51
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Look up on Youtube Mechmate #58 at UNCSA and here on the forum for a 5' x 5' MM plasma (aka MM Torch)
Old Mon 08 February 2016, 21:38
Nikonauts
Just call me: Nikonauts

Johore
Malaysia
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE6CVH View Post
Unfortunately, in the market place I did not see lasercut and prebent parts advertised in the Philippines?
I'm sending emails asking quotations from laser cut companies in Malaysia... Might get replies either by the end of this week or mid next week (due to Chinese New Year holiday).

I'll let you know the cost here if you can't find a local service provider.

7 years ago it was less than USD250 for the whole set, but electric tariffs all cost variables have gone up many times since then.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read