MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Miscellaneous hardware and software > Test Area for this forum
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 21 May 2007, 10:00
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Today's changes to the Forum settings....

Up to now, the settings were as per this clip.

Clipboard01.jpg

By default, people were seeing the threads upside down. Everyone was in "visible" mode. You weren't getting pop-ups of PM's, and you were asking for all the bells and whistles to be displayed to you. I have now changed the default registration to the second clip.

Clipboard02.jpg

Remember, those are only the defaults. Anyone can still go to the User CP and personalise those settings for themselves.

A major difference between Discus and vBulletin is that Discus showed exactly the same page to everyone while vB allows your view to be unique to best suit yourself. Years ago, the server computers loved the static Discus pages, but now they have the ability to handle dynamic pages.
Old Mon 21 May 2007, 10:05
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Okay, who is going to tell me how to get the pictures between the words?

I have done the right settings, because Pierre Grand managed it fine yesterday.

Edit:

Found the answer here
Old Mon 21 May 2007, 10:49
Loren Gameros
Just call me: Loren

Costa Mesa
United States of America
Send a message via AIM to Loren Gameros Send a message via Yahoo to Loren Gameros
question/comment

I have a question/comment about pictures that are posted throughout this forum.

Would it be possible to have a second location or something where one could just scroll thorugh all avaliable pictures instead of going to each thread or forum to locate them?

In other words a thread titled "Pictures". So when anybody posts a picture, a dupilcate will appear in the "Pictures" area?

I printed several pictures on this forum but it took me long time to find there location.
Old Mon 21 May 2007, 11:41
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
M Wizard, have you got a more convenient name to call you by? I wonder if I should ask everyone to use their "old" names?

Sorry, but I plan on making it even more difficult to download pictures in bulk. This is what chews up the bandwith and makes the site difficult to maintain.
Old Mon 21 May 2007, 15:30
Loren Gameros
Just call me: Loren

Costa Mesa
United States of America
Send a message via AIM to Loren Gameros Send a message via Yahoo to Loren Gameros
How can I change the information in my profile?

It is your responsibility to keep the information in your profile up-to-date. You should especially ensure that your email address is kept current. You can alter any of the fields in your profile, except your username. Once you have registered your username, it becomes yours for life. In extreme circumstances, you may request that the administrator change your username, but he or she will require a very good reason to do so.

Edit your profile here.
Old Mon 21 May 2007, 21:23
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
On the old board there was a dual system of user names and real names - there the real name displayed in bold. Here the user name displays in bold. Loren realised that moronwizard doesn't look good in bold

It is very easy for me to change usernames, and I would prefer if we stuck with similar names to the old board.
Old Tue 22 May 2007, 05:25
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Changes today:

1. The LogIn box is now checked by default. If you are really worried that someone else may use your PC and fiddle around this forum under your name, then "Log Out". (Same as the setting/procedure at the old forum)

2. The memory limit for attaching pictures was far too small. That mistake has been fixed. A limit of 3 MB (total of all attachments) applies at the moment. If you are already hosting a pic on your own server, then just make a link to it from here with the icon.
Old Sat 26 May 2007, 10:43
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
1. The colour changes and pictures at the top should look more like "home" now.

2. A copy of the Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days buttons from the old forum has been placed on top of this forum. Click on the 1, 3 or 7 to see the posts from the last 1, 3 or 7 days.
Old Sat 26 May 2007, 11:48
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Two more buttons (shortcuts) placed on top: Options and Profile.

I strongly encourage you to visit those two areas and make your own personal settings.

Profile: Lets you decide what you want to tell about yourself

Options: Lets you decide how this Forum information must be shown to you.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read