MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Common Assemblies & Parts > Motors & their mountings
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 12 August 2014, 13:17
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Nema 34 Motor covers for the back

http://www.cnc4pc.com/Store/osc/prod...roducts_id=855

FINALLY!
For those machines that have open back motors and need a place to protect the wiring....CNC4PC has a plastic back made just for the NEMA 34 motors. Comes with mounting screws and wiring connection too.

20$ each

A bit pricey - but great solution (and they look nice)
Old Tue 12 August 2014, 21:16
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
wow... too expensive & its plastic, no good for heat dissipation. glue a cheap heat sink or Al foil would had do the job.
Old Wed 13 August 2014, 07:36
Fox
Just call me: Fox

Amsterdam
Netherlands
For normal use a stepper does not need extra cooling, and the plastic would do just fine. Steppers are perfectly ok with <80 degrees heat to work in (unlike humans ;-)). For hot countries a massive sheet to the front of the stepper would do way better in disepating heat and is also easier to make ( substitute the mounting plate in thicker alu).

A nice cover milled by the MM from stacked alu sheets with heatsink would be nice though KEN
Old Sat 16 August 2014, 05:16
ger21
Just call me: Ger

Detroit, MI
United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson255 View Post
any comment?
Are you asking a question? I don't understand your previous comment.
Old Sat 16 August 2014, 05:50
lonestaral
Just call me: Al #114

Isarn
Thailand
Send a message via Skype™ to lonestaral
Stepper motors on a pump ?

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read