MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 70. Control Systems
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 17 May 2009, 10:30
lumberjack_jeff
Just call me: Jeff #31

Montesano, WA
United States of America
Thanks guys, and thanks for organizing these posts into useful threads.

This forum is such a useful source of info because it's so well organized. It isn't cluttered up with a bunch of irrelevant stuff.... like.... um.... thank you posts.

Shutting up now.
Old Sat 14 November 2009, 18:41
m_leblanc
Just call me: MARS

SHAWINIGAN
Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards View Post
Be sure to jumper the PMDX-122 correctly for the G203v. You MUST connect terminal #10 on the G203v (Common) to Ground on the PMDX-122. The PMDX-122 must pull the step and the direction signals High when it sends step pulses to the motor.

(My PMDX-122 came jumpered from the factory ready for use with the G201 and the G202 stepper drivers, not for the G203V stepper driver. JP1 is the jumper to check.)

When wired half-coil (Black/Yellow, Red/White), the maximum voltage for the PK296A2A-SGxx motor is about 38V. If you're using a 58V power supply, you will need to wire the motors using the Black/Green, Red/Blue wires, otherwise the motors will get too hot.
Hi, I have my set up info on http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1911 post #7.
Now I'm having problems with my motors, on the Y axis there is two motors, one of them seems to be working properly but the other one hardly moves and vibrates, went to the troubleshooting page and landed here and you mention that your PMDX-122 came jumpered from the factory ready for use with the G201 and the G202 stepper drivers, not for the G203V stepper driver. JP1 is the jumper to check.)How can I know if mine is at the right setting, now the jumper is set at pin 2-9 and ground.
On the X axis when the Z is down I'm having trouble to jog to the right and it is ok to the left, Z up jog is ok in both ways.
While I'm at I am also having trouble with my limit switches, can't jog off of them, in Mach3 the Auto limit override is activated.
Any help would be appreciated
Thank you

Last edited by m_leblanc; Sat 14 November 2009 at 18:45..
Old Sat 14 November 2009, 22:11
m_leblanc

SHAWINIGAN
Canada
Problem resolve, the PS wasn't connected properly to the BOB.
I had it connected to pin 5 and 6 while I'm using a regulated 5 volts PS

Still wondering about JP1

Thank you all
Old Sat 14 November 2009, 22:15
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Mars, regarding JP1, I modified this post because of your question.
Old Mon 16 November 2009, 09:13
m_leblanc

SHAWINIGAN
Canada
Thank you

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read