MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 70. Control Systems
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts

Old Mon 12 October 2009, 19:41
kanankeban
Just call me: Hector #89

Monterrey
Mexico
How many CAR STOPPER BLOCKS do I need?

How many CAR STOPPER BLOCKS do I need?
Maybe is a dumb question...sorry if so, I can clearly see that 2 are needed for the x axis, but I cant find how is done on the y axis, Its just one on it?, and if so does it matter in what y rail is installed?
Old Mon 12 October 2009, 21:03
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
One stopper block near to each X and Y motor.
Old Wed 14 October 2009, 22:03
jehayes
Just call me: Joe #53

Whidbey Island, Washington
United States of America
Hector: I'm glad you asked this question, I was too embarrassed to ask it but still am not sure where to mount them. I have welded the stopper blocks (10 10 248D) to each end of each x and y rails (per drawing 10 10 200A) but am not sure how to mount the car stopper and limit switch assembly (M1 18 000A/B). I assume it is placed on the inside of part 10 20 400W on the gantry assembly (per drawing 10 20 000) but I am unsure where each should be placed. If it is centered won't the wheel on the far end run off the rail before the limit switch hits the stop? Same question for mounting on the gantry car.

Also. Does the 3/4" sensor hole in the rail for the limit switch need to be extended all the way through the main X-beam, or is the hole in the rail sufficient? Thanks

Joe
Old Wed 14 October 2009, 23:35
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehayes View Post
. . . If it is centered won't the wheel on the far end run off the rail before the limit switch hits the stop?
It is centered in the moving car/gantry. (The screw holes are already laser cut in those moving parts). The stops and holes in the static rails are located well before the ends of the rails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehayes View Post
Does the 3/4" sensor hole in the rail for the limit switch need to be extended all the way through the main X-beam, or is the hole in the rail sufficient?
The hole in only the rail is sufficient - the proximity switch is positioned so that it is blind to metal more than a 1/4" away.
Old Thu 15 October 2009, 10:41
jehayes
Just call me: Joe #53

Whidbey Island, Washington
United States of America
As always, thanks Gerald

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts