MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 25 January 2012, 05:23
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Thanks will try just got 10 years older
Old Fri 27 January 2012, 00:25
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Why so silent ??? catching up with backlog or are you sweeping the floor ?
Old Fri 27 January 2012, 03:39
MariusL
Just call me: Marius #22

Centurion
South Africa
Kobus maybe we can subcontract to him if he is that busy.
Old Fri 27 January 2012, 07:06
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
have been cutting till 8:00 last night started at 06:30 this morning.No Kobus vacume works overtime.Just got my first batch of Birch ply this afternoon to do do some cuboards.They said it is fine for the 15 th of Feb for that presentation.You need to tel me how many members are there.I am going to do a show with them.
Old Fri 27 January 2012, 07:15
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Marius It just came my Way. If you have an idea how to make a memory stick with a bamboo casing I have some work for you.If you have a machine ready I should know by Monday about a order for 900 wooden boxes Have to be ready by 12 Feb If it is a go maybe you can help me on that one Kobus you to you can do the lids.
Old Fri 27 January 2012, 08:20
MariusL

Centurion
South Africa
Wow Hennie, I was actually joking. I did not realize that you really are that busy. It is very good man I am happy for you that work is coming in at such a rate. If this keeps up, you will be on your feet and running in no time.

I dont know if my machine will be ready in time but I am more that willing to assist where I can. Just let me know.

The casing for the memory stick, how small must it be? I am busy putting a very small machine together for a friend. It could maybe cut something like that.
Do you have the electronics to work from?
Old Fri 27 January 2012, 09:39
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Marius, I will have some info by Monday If I had a hat I would have pulled a trick out of it but at this stage don`t know where to start.
Old Fri 27 January 2012, 10:33
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
These things will easing fit in your bamboo housing: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/smalles...over-blue-7134 (I bought some and they actually do work)
Old Fri 27 January 2012, 10:58
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
You know me I am LAZY..... and THAT sounds like WORK
We have about 90 people at our monthly woodworkers meeting...sometimes more sometimes less.
Please confirm that you can do it for that night.. sounds like you will be very busy the next month.
Old Fri 27 January 2012, 21:04
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Thanks Gerald will look into it.I got involved with a Marketing company that is all green so they come up with the ideas but someone still needs to figure out how to make it happen.Kobus I will let Them contact you Monday to make the arrangements I thought it was only 15 old timers that did this for a hobby wow! 90 people sounds good.How is that coffee this afternoon. Have to put some time in this morning on the machine have to catch up on some serious cutting.
Old Wed 01 February 2012, 22:02
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
A funny thing happened Yesterday for the first time I had a fuse blown in my control box,one from the mains, ok fuse was replaced.This morning I switched the machine on and guess what it took of in the x- direction and no signal to the machine again!.I plugged the cable out of the computer and the ghostly motion stopped.So the problem is at the computer again.All looks ok in the control box.
Old Wed 01 February 2012, 22:08
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Die WOESRAND SPOOK loop weer
Old Wed 01 February 2012, 22:59
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Praat jy.Ok I managed to get one of the old computers working that packed up a week ago that the computer Nerd told me in plain Afrikaans "hy het sy gat gesien".The same thing happened so by the way the computers are not even switched on.It let me think since I use a broom often and my shop assistant cleans every day in the morning and in the afternoons he might have stepped on or damaged one of my cables going to the machine.Kobus I gave the details to the powers so hopefully thei will contact Denis.
Old Wed 01 February 2012, 23:24
MariusL

Centurion
South Africa
Hennie, silly question. What does your earth on the machine look like? If you wired the limits according to the MM drawing, you will have neutral running all over the machine. If the earth is not good, funnies will happen.
Old Wed 01 February 2012, 23:40
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Marius ,I will check it but is was working fine for the last 2 Years.I have no limits on the machine just the motor wires didn`t bother to fit them although I have made provision for it.
Old Thu 02 February 2012, 00:16
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Thanks Hennie,,,Bamboo talk is on Denis confirmed this morning
Old Thu 02 February 2012, 02:10
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Pleasure, now come and get your backside at my place and help me sort out this Ghost thing
Old Thu 02 February 2012, 02:16
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
I can't use a broom
Old Thu 02 February 2012, 04:26
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
It`s ok sorted it out.Since I built the MM I was using it no hassle this morning wow it gives trouble .I had the Bob attached to the body of the box( metal plate that everything is bolted on to) loosened the bob hanging free guess what no more ghosts the thing is working fine.Now to trace the fault.
Old Wed 25 April 2012, 10:36
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Bamboo round table

I was asked by The Bamboo company to make a round table for them so I asked them what would be the spec`s so they said just make us a round table So I did and are they going to get a surprise .
The pic`s show legs cut and as the table progressed I thought that I can do some inlay`s last pic of the inlays where before final coat of sealer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg table 1 leg.jpg (19.1 KB, 587 views)
File Type: jpg table 2.jpg (16.1 KB, 587 views)
File Type: jpg table3.jpg (15.0 KB, 590 views)
File Type: jpg table 4.jpg (14.1 KB, 590 views)
File Type: jpg table 5.jpg (12.2 KB, 589 views)
Old Wed 25 April 2012, 11:17
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Nice table Hennie!
Old Wed 25 April 2012, 12:51
Alan_c
Just call me: Alan (#11)

Cape Town (Western Cape)
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_c
Very nice!...and you still have time to push that broom around
Old Wed 25 April 2012, 19:14
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Yes Alan notice the broom on pic no 3 leaning against the MM Can you see the broom Kobus?
Old Wed 25 April 2012, 23:02
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
What is a Broom ????
Old Wed 25 April 2012, 23:41
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Hennie,

Very nice table.
Old Wed 25 April 2012, 23:42
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Hennie, Looks like you are incapable of building a simple round table...

Love the table!

Kobus, Broom? Mythical personal transporter...
Old Thu 26 April 2012, 01:14
Surfcnc
Just call me: Ross #74

Queensland
Australia
Henne, very special.
I particularly like your asymmetrical legs, it looks like it has movement.

Cheers
Ross
Old Thu 26 April 2012, 04:41
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
oooooh Harry Plotters Scooter
Old Wed 02 May 2012, 10:03
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Here is a pic of the table complete
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my table 009a.jpg (16.4 KB, 446 views)
Old Wed 02 May 2012, 14:58
Axel1966
Just call me: Axel

Paris
France
Looks very nice Hennie.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read