MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > General - MM Build
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 07 September 2013, 18:13
m_leblanc
Just call me: MARS

SHAWINIGAN
Canada
Vacuum Pump

Hi to all of you, I made some search on the forum and I didn't find what I'm looking for.
So here it goes, for my vacuum table I'm using 2 (Lighthouse Lh676565-OD-240 http://www.centralvacuummotor.com/shopbot.htm) 54x108 and separated in 8 equal sections.
It's giving a reasonable amount of suction 9 inches HG, I'M having problems with motors burning up on me, and this is the second one in not so many hours of use.
I have found a regenerative blower on EBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/110786692393...84.m1423.l2649, would you think that one of these or similar could give the same or better performance than the two Lighthouse I'm using. I have the statistic for both off them but I don't understand them.

I would like the real vacuum motors suggested by Shopbot but my budget doesn't permit it and further more I don't have 3 phases, the highest I can go in my shop, is a 5HP or two 3HP motor 240 Volts.

If you have other solutions, I will be glad to take a look at it.
Thank you for your help
Old Sat 07 September 2013, 23:32
zumergido
Just call me: Fernando

BS AS
Argentina
iam on the "move" to make some vacumm holding board for my mm. 3x2 meters on 11 zones.
i will use 3 motors. smaller then yours "what i have on my market" still open to ideas.
can you post some pictures of your configuration.
Old Sun 08 September 2013, 01:31
jask
Just call me: John

Kamloops B.C.
Canada
Mars are you supplying those motors with bypass air while under load?
Old Sun 08 September 2013, 11:31
m_leblanc

SHAWINIGAN
Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by jask View Post
Mars are you supplying those motors with bypass air while under load?
Yes I have a 3/8 bleeder hole to allow fresh air to the motors
Old Sun 08 September 2013, 15:37
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
9" is what you actually get from the motor? I think the bleeder isn't big enough, your pump got choked & burnt-out. I hardly ever got mine over 7" but its enuf for most of my jobs.
You should know what air flow & pressure is good for your application by now. especially you can burn the vacuum fans.
Old Sun 08 September 2013, 17:38
m_leblanc

SHAWINIGAN
Canada
When I mention 9", that is with all the gates sections close and the bleeder valve fully open
Old Sun 08 September 2013, 17:40
m_leblanc

SHAWINIGAN
Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_leblanc View Post
When I mention 9", that is with all the gates sections close and the bleeder valve fully open
, if I close the bleeder valve then it goes to 10"
Old Sun 08 September 2013, 19:30
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
how about during operation? I still think your fans are choked. or they didn't have enough ventilation hence heat build up too much. I'm sure your ambient temp is lower than mine.
The reason I kept talking about this is because if you don't get this sorted out, you may burn anything which you replace them with even a regen air blower.
Old Sun 08 September 2013, 19:55
m_leblanc

SHAWINIGAN
Canada
The last time I use it, it was working normally, didn't slow down, never smelt anything, holding was has usual, no sign of a coming failure.

The intake is in seal epoxy box with a shop vac filter, just in case there might be something suck up and the bleeder hole is also in this same box (sorry I don't have any pictures).

The next day when I came to use it never started and never since.

For the ambient temperature it's 70F summer and winter and humidity at 45.

I wasn't thinking that regenerative blower can bring me the same problem.

I am sure that my bleeder valve is not block since I have a drop of 1HG

Thank you for your help

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read