MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 12 January 2017, 12:21
jeep534
Just call me: archie

prichard, wv
United States of America
mechmate on youtube

who here owns this machine. I have a couple of questions. they probably will be answered in the build thread.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChr...Zm_scF9Rvb4uOw

thank you
archie
Old Fri 13 January 2017, 09:03
bradm
Just call me: Brad #10

Somerville(MA)
United States of America
That certainly looks like this: http://mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?p=74881
Old Fri 13 January 2017, 12:55
jeep534

prichard, wv
United States of America
it is i made a bobo
Old Fri 13 January 2017, 16:24
racedirector
Just call me: Bruce #122

New South Wales
Australia
It's David's machine (sphericos) machine : http://mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5496
Old Sun 15 January 2017, 00:57
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
One "simple" advice that pop to my eye & mind looking at your nice new machine set up !! ...."gotta" cap those open holes on all steppers, most simply just add tape !
I used simple alu foll type duck tape.
With what ever u-use, make sure you close them before dust....spooks in and make you go nuts at trying to figure & understand why thing aren't longer going as planed
Old Sun 15 January 2017, 12:44
silverdog
Just call me: Sergio #70

Rome
Italy
there is not much descriptions in that tread .... what are your questions ? I think many can answer it here ...
Old Sun 15 January 2017, 13:56
jeep534

prichard, wv
United States of America
the polished rails.... there must not be any moisture in his shop

archie
Old Sun 15 January 2017, 14:25
silverdog
Just call me: Sergio #70

Rome
Italy
:-) very shining ... looks like transparent enamel .... but I think he is the only one who can answer that question ...
Old Mon 16 January 2017, 06:52
sphericos
Just call me: David

Suffolk
United Kingdom
Nothing special done just burnished with a wire brush on a cordless drill. Despite not being a totally dry environment it seems to have survived quite well. My shed does have a few damp issues due to poor drainage, when it's really wet the water comes up through the floor. The previous owner of my house, who built it, was not famed for the quality of his work. One of the jobs I have planned for this summer is digging a gully down the side of the house to take the excess water from the fields behind my house down to the main drainage at the front faster. In the meantime I mitigate things by making sure that there is good airflow through the building this stops thins corroding.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read