MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Structure & Mechanics > 40. Z-Slide
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 23 November 2009, 00:29
anton
Just call me: Anton

Cape Town
South Africa
What can one do if it does not fit? I have assembled the Y car without welding it, and tried fitting the spider in, and it was not going to go in without force. I measured the distance between the inner sides of the y-car, and it is within specified limits, and the outer distance of the spider is also correct. I am scratching my head a bit.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...8&id=702675335
Old Mon 23 November 2009, 01:50
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
The hole through the y-car is 200mm +/- the typical tolerance of a laser cutting company, which is about 0.1mm.

The max. width of the spider is 199mm (see drawing 10 40 432 B).

You can get interference problems if:
- the laser cutting is inaccurate (not very likely)
- you increased the thicknesses of 10 40 432 (spider) and/or 10 30 455 (tower carrier)
- the bending of 10 40 432 (spider) was not accurate.

The solution is to increase the 45 degree bends of the the spider until it fits.
Old Mon 23 November 2009, 05:09
riesvantwisk
Just call me: Ries #46

Quito
Ecuador
Send a message via MSN to riesvantwisk Send a message via Skype™ to riesvantwisk
Quote:
Originally Posted by anton View Post
What can one do if it does not fit? I have assembled the Y car without welding it, and tried fitting the spider in, and it was not going to go in without force. I measured the distance between the inner sides of the y-car, and it is within specified limits, and the outer distance of the spider is also correct. I am scratching my head a bit.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...8&id=702675335
Anton,

I had the same issue, we where 'off' by about 1mm and we simply grinded 1mm of the spider, about 0.5mm on each side.
In our case the problem started because we had plasma cut parts, teh spider was bend perfectly.

Ries

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read