MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Miscellaneous hardware and software > Miscellaneous / General / Whatever / Catchall
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 29 September 2010, 14:53
Alan_c
Just call me: Alan (#11)

Cape Town (Western Cape)
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_c
Importing Bamboo products to SA

Hey Hennie, very interested to know the price on the bamboo sheeting as I think we are getting royally ripped off because it is a "green" product. Was quoted R2800 per sheet for 30mm!!!! - calculate that out, it costs as much as prime Cherry @ R32 000 per cube

Jonny. Nusaf also in CT - Blackheath
Old Wed 29 September 2010, 22:12
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Alan, yes I am doing my first bamboo kitchen with drawer boxes,legs and tops all in bamboo and yes it is being taken out of proportion.I still need to bring it to my side 5 x 30 mm x600 mm x2440 tops transport R 1070.Got some prices from over the big ocean 15 mm bamboo sheeting ( shutter ply $20 each ) if taken in qty`s.So it might be viable and get investor funds and bring in containers.

My side in my industry is dead and the little work that is available is being horse traded in such a way that it is not even an option to quote so I see it as being totally an outsider with something that the competition doesn`t have to be the only way even if it comes at a premium.Lost a job to another crowd last week after putting in 3 months of work and guess what chance is good that some of the stuff might come from my shop.

Alan I would let you know what the stuff cost once I have struck a deal and know the shipping costs.It will also be the first time for me to bring something in.
Old Thu 30 September 2010, 00:41
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Thanks Jonny for taking over your thread.
Alan,
1 x 30 mm x 600 mm x 3000 mm bamboo sheet 70 usd.
1 x 18 mm x1220 x2440 sheet 67 usd.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read