MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 31 May 2015, 17:57
rpwpmoulding
Just call me: Joe

La Pine, Oregon
United States of America
Life long wood worker finally starting a great project!

Hi everyone! I'm Joe from central Oregon. I've been an avid wood worker almost my entire life and have a lot of good old machinery. I have always done most of my router multiples with jigs but always wanted a cnc machine. I'm very excited to get started on my build!

I have a great deal of experience in construction and should have no issues procuring the steel for frame work.

Does anyone know of anyone that does the laser cut parts somewhere closer to oregon?

Thanks...
Old Sun 31 May 2015, 20:05
darren salyer
Just call me: Darren #101

Wentzville mo
United States of America
Welcome aboard. Looking forward to following your build.
Old Sun 31 May 2015, 20:12
rpwpmoulding

La Pine, Oregon
United States of America
Hey Darren thanks for the reply. I'm really looking forward to this build! I have to get going on finding parts! Any short cuts available to good parts?
Old Sun 31 May 2015, 20:41
lonestaral
Just call me: Al #114

Isarn
Thailand
Send a message via Skype™ to lonestaral
Welcome Joe.
As you are in the U.S. give Metalhead a mail.
He has kits available.
Looking forward to following your build.
Old Mon 01 June 2015, 06:19
darren salyer
Just call me: Darren #101

Wentzville mo
United States of America
Metalhead will treat you right, and it will help support the forum, so its here when you need it.
As with most things in life, there are no true shortcuts...
Old Mon 01 June 2015, 10:45
timberlinemd
Just call me: Steve #66

Arizona
United States of America
I believe that you would have a hard time finding a shop that would cut and bend the parts for less than Mike, aka Metalhead.
Old Tue 02 June 2015, 07:13
pblackburn
Just call me: Pete #98

South-Central Pennsylvania
United States of America
Unless you want the setup cost of having the parts run the first time, I would go with Mike. The parts are proven to spec so there isn't any waiting for the parts to be reformed. I costed it out before. I bought from Mike.
Old Tue 02 June 2015, 07:34
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Hi Joe

I suggest you ask Mike for a new username . . . . unless you want a lot of spam mail.
Old Wed 03 June 2015, 07:00
Father-of-Ash
Just call me: Bilal

Toledo, OH
United States of America
Hi Joe,

I just fit my Y-car parts together last night and they snap and lock in together very tightly...very accurate and impressive. At first I thought about getting them done locally but you never know if you'll have to go back to get things fixed or how accurate they turn out. Mike is highly recommended.
Old Thu 04 June 2015, 16:40
rpwpmoulding

La Pine, Oregon
United States of America
Hi Bilal... Thanks for the info and good review. I will be ordering from Metalhead.
Old Fri 05 June 2015, 12:42
rpwpmoulding

La Pine, Oregon
United States of America
WooHoo!

Just ordered my laser cut parts from Metalhead! Can't wait to get started next week!
Old Fri 05 June 2015, 14:23
IMMark
Just call me: Mark #119

Columbus Ohio
United States of America
Best of luck on your journey!
Mark

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read