MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Structure & Mechanics > 50. Toolheads
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 09 August 2007, 11:06
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Z-Zero touch plate - to set tool height above table/workpiece

See this thread on the machsupport forum.
Old Mon 06 October 2008, 21:19
cncb
Just call me: Brian

Connecticut
United States of America
zero touch plate with a pmdx

Hi guys (gerald please move this if this isn't the appropriate sub-forum and sorry if it isn't). Was wondering since many of you here seem to be using the pmdx-122 BOB; are any of you using a z-zero touch off plate such as one that Greolt has posted here with? Wondered how you had it wired and if you were simply just wiring it into a spare input on the break out board and if you were using a resistor. Thanks.
Old Mon 06 October 2008, 23:40
Greolt
Just call me: Greg

Victoria
Australia
I have not used the PMDX BoB but here is a line from their website,

+Inputs have pull-ups to +5 volts and are filtered to suppress noise.

That is the ideal input requirement for a zero plate. So I would presume that a simple connection of the Touch Plate to a spare input would be fine.

Greg
Old Tue 07 October 2008, 07:38
cncb
Just call me: Brian

Connecticut
United States of America
Thanks Greg, will certainly try today!
Old Sun 02 November 2008, 19:14
Art
Just call me: Art #2

Lancaster,Texas
United States of America
XYZ zero essential add-on

At http://www.turningaround.org/HTMLPag...zero_addon.htm (Link broken) is the hardware modification I made and link to a Mach3 add-on that I consider esential for those of us that don't have an automatic tool changer. (Link broken)
Old Tue 24 March 2009, 09:55
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
have you chkd this link ever art
Old Tue 24 March 2009, 23:54
Art

Lancaster,Texas
United States of America
Smoke and mirrors

Reply I got from one of the Legacy owners. Not much I can add except I am low on Leagacy's love list because I had the ordacy to steal their idea and build my indexer which was running production before they anounced their machine. Had heard that they were planning a CNC machine but had no details

Art, this is the software I was suppose to get and still have not gotten it, I emailed last week and still got nothing yet, I called about 3 weeks ago and still got nothing from them.... pisses me off 48k and not the sofeware they keep showing...
Old Wed 25 March 2009, 02:06
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Hi Art, I have not studied the Indexer issue much, but just a silly question...What CAD / Cam software do you use to drive Mach3 to make spirals , flutes etc.
Old Thu 26 March 2009, 07:53
Art

Lancaster,Texas
United States of America
Wizards

I do it the easy way. At http://www.wizardsbyrich.embarqspace.com/ there is a set of fantastic wizards for $75 that does it all. They cover 80%+ of the indexer work I do.
For turning round contured stock any 2D CAD/CAM will work. Do the drawing to suit desired profile to depth with the Y axis for the material set at tool diameter and approiate tools and depth of cut. In the ports and pin settings of Mach both A and spindle have the same settings but only one is active at any time. Activate spindle and the machine acts as a standard router and procedes to mill the profile while A spins continiously.
PFM! (Pure ####### magic)
Old Thu 26 March 2009, 12:18
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Thank's Art, will go and have a look at those wizards. Need to get the 4th axis going some time.
Old Thu 26 March 2009, 12:41
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
So with the procedure you describe in post #9 you can chuck a square piece of wood on the indexer and turn it round like in a normal lathe. Once it is round, you can then run this Wizard in Mach3 to do the flute or spiral.

Would like to see the PFM !!!!

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read