MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Construction started, but not cutting yet
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 18 November 2008, 15:38
edvard
Just call me: edvard

Tønsberg
Norway
The long road is getting shorter! - Tønsberg, Norway

Ok here goes . I just started Drawing my first MechMate, first cnc machine or any machine for that matter hehe. Its gonna be a loong journy but hopefully with some help once in a while i hope i will get there . Im a new member here at the MechmMate forum, found you guys when i was lurking around the nett trying to find some hints on how to build a cnc machine. We got one at my Work, a 3000x2000mm multicam 3000. Since we got it i just been totaly facinated on the posibillitys you have with a machine like that. Well after browsing through allot of sites i landed on this fantastic site . Gerald D! damn man!!! its just so fantastic the work you have done!. and that you are sharing it with everyone is just unbelivable. so thanks man .

Ok, like i said i have just started drawing my first MechMate. Atm i am using PEU solidwork files. the way i work is that i use the pdf files from Gerald and Peu`s solidwork files. I got two monitors so i run two solidwork sessions. On one i run Peu`s files and on the other i copy the information from his parts and modify them for my needs. It may sound hard i presume, but i am kinda on the learning face when it comes to solidwork aswell so i see it as a good learning method. At the same time i hope to fully understand every part and its function so that when i one day come to the part where i can start finding people to cut the different things from me i know everything that hass to be cut and bent etc 100%. Cause atm i must say its overwhelming hehe. With time i hope i can get to you guys level.

Well well i just wanted to say hi to all you guys in the forum , keep upp the good work . I thought i would keep a diary or something like that on this forum as i progress, so im looking forward to get to know you guys . Atm i have drawn 10.10.123 and 10.10.246 with some modification. thought id post some pictures and measurement so that someone can correct me if im totaly off track in the process hehe. Owell talk to ya ll soon. Pictures to come .

Sorry for some bad english here and there, but you have to excuse a frosen Norwegian hehe.
Old Tue 18 November 2008, 19:58
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Welcome Edvard!
Old Tue 18 November 2008, 20:40
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Welcome Edvard enjoy the trip.
Old Tue 18 November 2008, 21:52
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Velkomen Edvard!
Hope your build goes well!
Old Wed 19 November 2008, 00:19
Lex
Just call me: Johan #56

Empangeni KwaZuluNatal
South Africa
Welkom Edvard.
Heath, you have my vote for the MecMate spokeperson when Gerald receives his membership at the United Nations!
Old Thu 23 April 2009, 12:23
edvard

Tønsberg
Norway
Finaly

Well i finaly tok the leep and i have finaly gathered enough steel to start my build i think. Been driving around for a while now and posted ands in the paper looking for people giving away they'r steel hehe . I got lucky yesterday and today i went and drove it home .i got more then enough , my only worry is that the main longitude bean wont be straight enough. gonna check that soon. took some pictures of my puny start .
Old Thu 23 April 2009, 12:25
edvard

Tønsberg
Norway
hmm how do i post pictures? hehe, dont have an url for it
Old Thu 23 April 2009, 12:49
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Attaching photos to posts on this forum
Old Thu 23 April 2009, 13:52
edvard

Tønsberg
Norway
thanks

Hey there i go, thanks man
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Graphic1.jpg (104.5 KB, 449 views)
File Type: jpg Graphic2.jpg (112.4 KB, 450 views)
File Type: jpg Graphic3.jpg (99.4 KB, 448 views)
Old Thu 23 April 2009, 14:11
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Edvard,
Looks like your long road is starting to get a little bit shorter. Good to see you here again.
Old Fri 24 April 2009, 16:04
edvard

Tønsberg
Norway
babysteps

Indeed domino, good to be back . I am soon ready to sort out my steel and start cutting it for welding, but before i do that i was wondering if someone could take a quick look at the different dimension changes and telme if i have changed anything crusial or if i can make the table that way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bord.jpg (48.6 KB, 402 views)

Last edited by edvard; Fri 24 April 2009 at 16:17..
Old Fri 24 April 2009, 19:45
edvard

Tønsberg
Norway
wrong drawing

updated drawing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bord.jpg (60.0 KB, 389 views)
Old Fri 24 April 2009, 21:39
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
The table is not supposed to be symmetrical because the router is not center in the y-car.
Old Sun 10 May 2009, 15:10
edvard

Tønsberg
Norway
hmm

hmm i see, Maby i must read the drawing`s some more. Dont know what the different spacings should be. if i look at the table from a right or left view the midle spacing should be 700-800 mm? and the rest ?. If seen from the topp the cross bearer`s should not have one in the midle of the table?. all this is wery new to me so i apologize for some dumb questions in advance. I want to learn though.... gonne go read some more..
Old Sun 10 May 2009, 22:59
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Look at drawing 1010123D for the spacings. We use that board to hold the parts in position while welding.

Look at the bottom left side of drawing 1010300W to see the offset (non-symmetry) of the table.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read