MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 70. Control Systems
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 22 October 2008, 19:09
jbmclain
Just call me: Joe #42

Birmingham, AL
United States of America
Home Supply Requirements

I have an electrician coming over Friday to do some work in my fuse box.

How many lines should I run to my Control box/ Spindle/ Computer? I know this was said before, but I can not find it.
Also, recommended Amps per line.
Old Wed 22 October 2008, 20:56
dragonfinder1
Just call me: Dave #49

Astoria, Oregon
United States of America
I don't know what the power requirements are for the spindle, but for the rest I would have one dedicated line for the dust system ( 20 A), one dedicated line for the power supply ( given a choice I would make that one a 220V line ) and a 15 Amp for the computer. If he is going to run new wires anyway, then the cost to run 20 Amp through out over 15 Amp is not much.

Dave
Old Thu 23 October 2008, 03:05
jbmclain
Just call me: Joe #42

Birmingham, AL
United States of America
Thats what I was wanting to know.

Thanks
Joe
Old Thu 23 October 2008, 07:30
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Joe,
Yeah 20 amp circuits for a garage are great, you can put in dual format plugs (15 and 20 amp capable) and plug in whatever you want. The other thing is run a 3 wire and then you can split it off to 2 20 amp plugs at the end and use a double breaker (or fuse) in the box. Only a little more expensive but give you an extra circuit at the end. This is the way I wired my garage and it works great. This technique only works for the 120V circuits.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read