MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > General - MM Build
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 10 February 2010, 09:53
liaoh75
Just call me: David

Taibao
Taiwan
Looking for parts for vacuum hold down system

I recently purchased a 10 HP Roots blower at a very good price for a vac hold down system. I'm looking for a canister filter assembly and pressure relief valve parts.

Can anyone point me to a source for these parts? I've attached a pic for clarification on what I'm looking for. My pipes are 3" to the manifold so I'll need 3" inlets and outlets. Any advice or words of wisdom would be sincerely appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg regen.jpg (8.8 KB, 260 views)
Old Wed 10 February 2010, 10:04
Alan_c
Just call me: Alan (#11)

Cape Town (Western Cape)
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_c
Hi David, cant help with the pressure relief valve, but try one of the large truck type filters for the intake (try the local wreckers yard for the outer canister, and the spares shop for the actual filter) There is no big secret to the filter, it must just stop small particles and pass enough volume for the pump to breathe.
Old Wed 10 February 2010, 10:12
liaoh75
Just call me: David

Taibao
Taiwan
Hi Alan, thanks for your reply. I've already checked into this and all the stuff I'm seeing is plastic. I need a metal part as the roots blower pulls 24" Hg and I don't want any failure of plastic parts. I did run into a few metal canisters but they were of the 2" variety. I was thinking that there must be some technical term for this thing as I see it from time to time in other shops.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read