MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > General - MM Build
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 16 June 2012, 12:13
cbboatworks
Just call me: Gene

Wilmington NC
United States of America
MechMate on ebay??? any one recognise it???

MechMate on ebay??? any one recognise it??? i have tried to contach the guy selling it with no responce so I use buy now in hopes he will contact me, any info will be greatful..Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221047497228...84.m1434.l2649

CNC WOOD ENGRAVING MACHINE ENGRAVE CUTTER ROUTER FLA-HER 146 INCH X 72 INCH

Last edited by cbboatworks; Sat 16 June 2012 at 12:18..
Old Sat 16 June 2012, 21:17
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Wasnt that the guy who had MM#5 for sale before as well? Not sure but the seller sounds familiar. Sean was that MM#5?
Old Sat 16 June 2012, 21:29
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Yeah, looks like the same seller. I just checked the thread on MM#5 on ebay thread Here and looks like he just photoshopped over the MM decals.
Old Sun 17 June 2012, 04:19
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Hmm.... The seller don't even bother to photoshop the decal proper...\
Old Sun 17 June 2012, 04:54
cbboatworks

Wilmington NC
United States of America
I bought it and will drive down next week to pick it up, hope the machine was worth 5 grand..
Old Sun 17 June 2012, 05:03
danilom
Just call me: Danilo #64

Novi Sad
Serbia
with such a forum rich of information and the fact that all the parts that can wear off during time can be easily manufactured you can't go wrong.
Happy dust making to you!
Old Sun 17 June 2012, 21:38
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Good to see you back Gene!
Old Mon 18 June 2012, 01:37
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Gene,

Apopka is a little North of Orlando. I sent you a PM.
Old Mon 18 June 2012, 05:34
cbboatworks

Wilmington NC
United States of America
Thanks for the help and warm welcome back . I am planning on driving down to pick it up next Sunday after church, more than likely it will be Monday. I am hoping this machine was not welded up completely so I can disassemble it and load it in a trailer
Old Mon 18 June 2012, 05:46
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
I think the main table is all welded - see http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=460
Old Mon 18 June 2012, 07:26
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
You can haul it on a flatbed. If it has feet on it you can put casters on the feet and use a comealong to get it on the trailer. Strap the machine down and do your best job to tarp and duct tape. Then wrap with this stuff

http://www.amazon.com/Intertape-HG20...ds=pallet+wrap

Pallet wrap.

Once you wrap it up, use duct tape on the outside of the wrap to keep the wind from blowing it off.

I move equiment like this a good bit with good results.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04609.JPG (76.1 KB, 637 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03884s.jpg (51.7 KB, 634 views)
Old Sat 23 June 2012, 06:21
Regnar
Just call me: Russell #69

Mobile, Alabama
United States of America
Just moved my machine as well. If your current trailer will not allow you to load it assembled another option is Uhual's Car Hauler. Mine had nice ramps and plenty of tiedown points.

As Mike said the Casters will save your ass. I picked mine up from Northern Tool Company. Not a bad price and are 8 inches so rolling them over small bumps was not a problem. There is a store on I4 in Orlando if you dont have one your way. A car jack made it easy to install them

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...ct_40256_40256
Old Sat 23 June 2012, 15:29
cbboatworks

Wilmington NC
United States of America
Guys I drove down to FL from NC on thursday went over to pick the router up this morning Sat. to put it in nice words the router is a large peice of $h14! the owners could barely speak eingish, I ask them what happen to the happen the the router and they said nothing, I went on to tell them i would not give them $5000 for the mahine I might give them $2500 if they could prove it worked, the owner got mad and started to show his butt only to make a fool of his self. I told him I new of the person who built this router and told him I know how much he paid for it $3500, he then flew of the handle telling me that Sean was a peice of shit American who new nothing and was to broke to afforad the machine and come to his shop and broke it where it would not run, I told him he could keep the machine and that no one would buy it and he could not give it to me at this point, I do knot know Sean but by what I read and see of his work he is 1000% top notch in my book...he said it will be back on Ebay with a $6000 reserve... Stay away from this guy and machine
Old Sat 23 June 2012, 17:47
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Gene,
Interestingly this guy called me just a few hours ago saying what an awful person I was and I was spreading propaganda about the cost of the machine.
Not sure how he has my phone number either?

Truth:
Facility that I worked for went bankrupt a few years ago, in those proceedings, the machine #5 I built was housed in that building. It was seized with all assets to satisfy the government and sold at auction. I personally lost the asset - respectfully stolen from me from the company I worked for. In America, this is possible friends.
Anyway - I was at the auction and last bid I saw was for 3600.00. This fella says he paid 5600.00. I personally don't care. I have receipts still that offer proof of the fact that I spent about 6,800.oo before extended Z and 4th axis additions.

I personally don't have a gripe anymore.

When the first owner bought the machine, they contacted me to commission the machine for a fee - which I did free of charge in hopes of keeping contact with the owner to buy the machine back when he was either out of business or didn't need it anymore. When I left the machine after a 4 hour service call....The machine was performing to spec, table surfaced and leveled, racks greased and extended Z balancer was verified to be in good working order. That was 2 years ago.

Clearly - they have done something to the machine beyond normal use.

It is very well documented on this forum the fabrication method and detail employed to create MM #5. A 5'x10' MM with 48" extended Z axis.

Gene - sorry you had to drive so far for the disappointment.

If that fella calls me again with such language on the phone, I will take legal action.

Travel safe.
Sean

I am posting this in the clear due to nature of this project and to make the seller clearly aware of action against him if any further discussion of a negative nature occurs here on the forum or in private against me or any of the members of this community. It was made clear that he monitors the forum for "news" on the machine and it's history.

Last edited by smreish; Sat 23 June 2012 at 17:59..
Old Tue 26 June 2012, 00:58
Hovernut
Just call me: Hovernut

Orlando
United States of America
Too bad one of us Orlando locals couldn't have done 'recon' on the machine for you so you didn't have to come all that way for a messed-up machine. The MM community seems so tight-knit and upright, you'd think you'd be getting a decent machine...especially one so well-documented as this.

I've only dreamt of fabricating one myself....been too busy with other irons in the fire, notably refurbishing 3 hovercrafts and building a 4th! Niles was kind enough to have me drop by to see his sweet-running MM a while back. It sure was nice to get a first-hand look to get a really good feel for the great machine the MM is!

Cheers,
John in Longwood, FL

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read