MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Construction started, but not cutting yet
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 02 March 2010, 10:18
isladelobos
Just call me: Ros

Canary Islands
Spain
Send a message via MSN to isladelobos Send a message via Yahoo to isladelobos
Spider.dxf
Old Tue 02 March 2010, 10:35
cncb
Just call me: Brian

Connecticut
United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino11 View Post
Would that not be a MilkMate?
haha
Old Tue 02 March 2010, 17:41
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Just returned from the expo, now I know that I know nothing about the woodworking industry

Found a lot of future providers for tooling, wood sheets, veneers etc etc etc I knew just a couple of them before going.

Took a lot of photos, will sort them and post the most interesting ones. I saw two routers being sold, none the size of the mechmate, they looked nice but not super high tech. Then I saw a Biesse, now we are talking, thats a heavy production machine, but at least 20~30 times more expensive than a MM

and regarding the shop/offices construction, today I received a call from Nokia-Siemens the local contractor for the phone company, they want my feedback about where to move that pairs box, I said as far as you can from my lot, but they said it has to be on my lot or it will take ages to get a new permit from the town, so I will try to find the best location.

Im really happy because I put a lot of effort to get that box moved, filed complains with every branch of the town council that has any saying about it, also with the phone company and also with the city ombudsman, it seems I got lucky. Its not moved yet, but now I see the light at the end of the tunnel

But nothing good comes without some bad news, not really bad, but the architect told me that the town keep asking for modifications to the blueprints, this means delays and more delays.
Old Tue 02 March 2010, 19:23
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
You should ask them if they can recess the pedistal down to ground level and put in a manhole cover.
Old Wed 03 March 2010, 03:23
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
asked and they can't, today I will talk again with the contractor asking if they can move it where I want, this is one of these situations where one needs to settle for the less problematic spot, there is no good spot.
Old Wed 17 March 2010, 10:55
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Received the lasered parts. Someone in the order chain screwed it, take a look at the picture:

Someone needs fully bent spiders? I heard they eat iron ants Worst, they invoiced all 8... now they will need to issue credit.

Also they missed 5 parts:
10 20 451
10 20 452
10 30 422
10 40 372
10 40 387

but they didn't missed them in the invoice...

Good thing I'm in no hurry for these parts...

Pablo
Old Wed 17 March 2010, 11:05
Johannescnc
Just call me: John

Hannover, DE
Germany
Invasion of the MechMate spiders!

EEK! Are there enough spiders?
Old Wed 17 March 2010, 11:11
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
you got entangled yourself is big spider web(mess)
Old Wed 17 March 2010, 11:18
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Here, use this:

SpiderKiller.jpg
Old Wed 17 March 2010, 11:29
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
LMAO...

Maybe I can donate them to combat these ants:

thats a huge highway ad (http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Regazzoni)

The Laser guys just replied, will make the remaining parts and issue credit, probably 10 or more days...

I need to start my shopping list, motors, drives, BB, etc...

[EDIT] I will cherry pick the most square one and return the others for scrap.

Last edited by PEU; Wed 17 March 2010 at 11:42..
Old Wed 17 March 2010, 11:42
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
Some alternatives !!

spider-spray_web[1].jpg

hairy dinner.jpg
Old Wed 17 March 2010, 13:43
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
I use this, but cleaning after an incident is a big job..
[ATTACH]
[/ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg big_shoe.jpg (28.1 KB, 1228 views)
Old Thu 18 March 2010, 17:52
bradm
Just call me: Brad #10

Somerville(MA)
United States of America
Keep at least one of the spare spiders! The Y-car can hold two Z's if you are so inclined. If you were closer to me I'd try to get a spare from you as well.
Old Thu 18 March 2010, 18:33
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
I choosed 2 spiders from the lot, both of them are almost square, nothing that cannot be solved with a hammer and patience.
Old Thu 18 March 2010, 19:26
MetalHead

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Brad I have spiders if you want one
Old Sun 21 March 2010, 06:38
MetalHead

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Moved spiral tool messages to new thread

http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showt...39&postcount=1
Old Wed 24 March 2010, 09:36
cvriv.charles
Just call me: charles

New Jersey
United States of America
So jealous. Your plans for starting a shop is exactly what I want to do. Except i am going to start in my garage. Which is pretty big. I'll have pics of it later down the road. But your so lucky. I wish you the best. And congrats on the baby.
Old Wed 31 March 2010, 10:22
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Last friday a friend of mine whos company works for the telecom industry invited me to raid their old projects junk because they are moving to a new place, most of the stuff was telecom only and also old (doh!) but I managed to find interesting stuff:

cabinet (450x300x250mm) it also have a fan inside.

Also found a lot of rs-232 <> rs485 converters, new old stock in their boxes (and some more without boxes too):

I plan to keep a few and unload the rest at ebay, RAD is a quality brand. Money collected will go to purchase more MM parts

And below the converters are acrylic sheets I salvaged from some public phones panels, these are 500x250x6.5mm in milk colour and 500x130x6.5mm with some silk screening.

Pablo
Old Tue 06 April 2010, 10:52
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
all lasered parts finished:

Received a quote from the local Motionking Dealer, for the 34HS9802 they ask $120+tax but these are backordered, not that bad compared to prices posted in the motionking thread will ask for a discount of course

[edit] Forgot to add, demolition will start in a week or two, and regarding the phone box in the street it should be gone by end of month if the phone company project division engineer didn't lied to me.

Pablo

Last edited by PEU; Tue 06 April 2010 at 11:03..
Old Wed 07 April 2010, 18:49
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
I know its no big deal, but today I tested the fit in the Y carriage parts, I had a happiness rush seing that everything fits like a glove

Pablo
Old Mon 12 April 2010, 10:20
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Received first renders of shop, tree in the street is taller, wider and its not properly placed, its located on the left side of the front door.

Old Mon 12 April 2010, 12:28
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Wow..nice...pity it will be full of dust someday.
Old Mon 12 April 2010, 20:03
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
I still remember the exitement the moment I collected my laser parts & just can't wait to toy around with it alllll day.

That is a good looking shop you have.
Old Tue 13 April 2010, 00:17
cvriv.charles

New Jersey
United States of America
So nice. The appeareance of your facility alone will bring your business. So jealous. I wish you the best.
Old Tue 13 April 2010, 00:32
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Does the appearance match the other buildings in the area? Is there a graffiti/vandal problem in that area? In other words, will your building become a target?

I know it only a render, but the light (white) colour is high maintenance to keep it looking smart.
Old Tue 13 April 2010, 00:35
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Also, can people climb the tree to get on the balcony? If so, you are going to need better security at the top than at the bottom (nobody will see what the bad guys are doing on the balcony).
Old Tue 13 April 2010, 00:57
cvriv.charles

New Jersey
United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
Also, can people climb the tree to get on the balcony? If so, you are going to need better security at the top than at the bottom (nobody will see what the bad guys are doing on the balcony).
Good point. White is hard to keep clean You know whats really ugly,... a steel light fixture or something rusting down the side of a building. Ewww.

And its also sad how people tag buildings because they stand out.
Old Tue 13 April 2010, 02:27
cvriv.charles

New Jersey
United States of America
I dont mean to probe as to how much a place like that is costing you. You see plans and taste is very close to that of mine if not dead on. I am hoping that one day that I will be able to either buy or maybe even build a place such as the one your looking to build. I know nothing about such things though. I am going at it slowly. Im going to build several MM's first along with aquiring some other productive machines. Also, establishing clients. once I have that down tight, then maybe I would then next purchase a place, lease, maybe even build as you are.

Anyways,... my question is, does anyone know about what it would cost to build a place like this within the states? I know that it depends on soooo many things. I was wondering if anyone has or if anyone knows someone who has built a place? What about purchasing a place like that out right, about how much? Ballpark figure,... Thanks.
Old Tue 13 April 2010, 06:10
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
I was replying to a friend moments ago with about the same comments

The color won't be white for sure and Im still not sure if the glass, even being a multilaminate will be there without some kind of steel grating/fence, you know, thieves see glass and they think is breakable...

Regarding the balcony, there is always a possibility of someone climbing there, but it won't be easy.

Buildings around aren't as shiny, mostly because they aren't new, and grafitty is not a big problem, but you know the more shiny space you leave the more chances you get of being grafittied...

Regarding costs, Im sure in the states you can find a warehouse almost ready to be used, I wanted to have my office shop near home, thats why I choosed to have it in a neighborhood and not in an industrial zone.

Last edited by PEU; Tue 13 April 2010 at 06:12..
Old Tue 13 April 2010, 06:46
cvriv.charles

New Jersey
United States of America
Well,... im pretty sure I will definitely be need a large industrial type place. For machines, offices, and more importantly,... storage. But at the same time, I wouldnt mind a nice looking building though. Ehh one thing at a time. Maybe one day I could have both. A nice main head quarters building in a city/ town like area and an industrial type facility too.

My opinion about protecting your shop,... Its definitely a good idea to fortify your shop. But maybe in a way where it doesnt look like a prison? Instead of fixed bars over your windows you could have a retractable gate like fence that rolls away into the ceiling. This way you have protection at night but during the day its looks clean and professional, nice looking. Cameras are always good. Alarms etc. You know what I mean. It would just be a shame to have such a nice place and then bar it all up.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read