MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Construction started, but not cutting yet
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 01 October 2008, 20:33
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
mmm I think I understand, thanks for the explanation, will try to reproduce the effect in the model, updates hopefully tomorrow.
Old Fri 03 October 2008, 17:32
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
I almost finished 10.40.000, the moving Z axis. Please review any obvious errors, I don't understand why it needs to be so tall and why 10.40.360 needs to be bigger than the plate, I must probably done something wrong.
Anyway, check the edrawing and also check the animation inside, it shows how the excentric bushes work for positioning.

Pablo
Attached Files
File Type: zip 10.40.000.zip (134.7 KB, 264 views)
Old Sat 04 October 2008, 19:05
sprayhead
Just call me: Francis

sydney
Australia
Pablo, Me diga...

These files you are sending have a SolidWorks extension? If yes, can you send something that can be opened everywhere... I use Inventor, thanks.

Francis
Old Sat 04 October 2008, 21:45
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Hola Francis,

You need an eDrawings viewer, it can be downloaded here: http://www.edrawingsviewer.com/index.html and its free.
Old Sun 05 October 2008, 21:02
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Cannot resist the temptation and I joined all parts together, also put there, floating in the air, a metabo grinder, the one I plan to use.
Here are some snapshots, but of course the attached 3D model is more fun to view

The rotational center of the torque of the long Z axis is not an issue right?
I mean, the spider 200mm vs the extended arm measuring 260mm in the Z direction when the machine is cutting (tip of the cutting tool) seems to be not enough if the wood being cut is strong, say for example a hard wood or 20mm plywood.
I guess this is compensated by going slower. Am I wrong?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mesa Completa.zip (409.7 KB, 336 views)
Old Sun 05 October 2008, 22:52
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
....right? Yes
....wrong? No
Old Sat 25 October 2008, 06:48
CNCQuest
Just call me: WT

Quezon City
Philippines
Can we have the files in SolidWorks?

Hi Pablo,

Nice work and thanks for the effort.

I can open the eDrawing files without any problems but can we have the drawings in original SolidWorks parts and/or assembly drawings?

TIA,
WT
Old Sun 26 October 2008, 06:38
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Im not sure if I will release the source SW files, the edrawings files I provided have all the measurements enabled.
Unless Gerald asks me to post them, they will be available only to him, the original designer.

Pablo
Old Sun 26 October 2008, 08:32
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Pablo, feel free to publish those files here at the MechMate site. People wanting to read the files have to register and agree to respect the user agreement.
Old Sun 26 October 2008, 11:30
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
Pablo, feel free to publish those files here at the MechMate site. People wanting to read the files have to register and agree to respect the user agreement.
OK, I just wanted to be sure you had no problems here they go, the zip file is 13mb so I uploaded to my site, but to force non registered users to agree to the terms and conditions I created a zip file with a link to the file and its attached to this post.

Parts were drawn with SW2007 so previous versions cannot open them. And no, Im not willing to become a file converting service for other CAD packages or SW versions

Suggestions for improving the drawings are always welcome, and I will do them on a time available basis.

If you have to thank someone, thank Gerald, without his generosity, this would not be possible.

Pablo
Attached Files
File Type: zip DownloadLink.zip (332 Bytes, 327 views)
Old Mon 27 October 2008, 04:34
CNCQuest
Just call me: WT

Quezon City
Philippines
Thanks for the SolidWorks files

Hi Pablo & Gerald,

I greatly appreciate the SolidWorks original files and thanks both of you for your kind generosities and hard works.

I thought of asking for the SW files so that I do not have to reinvent the wheel . My intention is to make certain changes to suit my purpose as not all the materials are readily available here. Like you, I prefer working in 3D though I can read the 2D drawings without any problems.

Should I make any changes and think it will benefit others, I will no doubt share it in the spirit of this great community.

With my thanks and great appreciation,

WT
Old Mon 10 November 2008, 08:02
jrabeneck
Just call me: Jimbo

AR
United States of America
I downloaded these files and opened in Inventor 2009. They opened perfectly. Good job.
Old Mon 17 November 2008, 05:50
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Just an update, I didn't dissapear, I read the forum almost daily but since I need to move from my current location to a new place I can't move forward in the project, hopefully this will happen soon.

Since my last post I can give one good news: I was father again!

Not a mechmate fotolog, but you can see pictures here: www.peu.net/alex

Pablo
Old Mon 17 November 2008, 06:07
J.R. Hatcher
Just call me: J.R. #4

Wilmington, North Carolina
United States of America
Send a message via Skype™ to J.R. Hatcher
Congratulations! That's a beautiful family. I can tell by the pictures that you are very proud. Go tell mama one more time how beautiful she is...
Old Mon 17 November 2008, 06:07
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Congratulations to mother & father!
Old Mon 17 November 2008, 06:10
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
Congrats Pablo, have fun with the new one!

God bless all!

RGDS
IRfan
Old Mon 17 November 2008, 07:48
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Thanks guys, and thanks Gerald for the temporary title change.

I miss the good sleep nights

Pablo
Old Mon 17 November 2008, 07:55
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Pablo
Congratulations! All the best to the family!
Old Mon 17 November 2008, 08:56
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Wow - I remember last year trying to complete my build with a baby on the way....then waiting, then waiting, then waiting...then baby! (wiring was done during this waiting phase)
Congratulations.
Old Mon 17 November 2008, 17:32
isladelobos
Just call me: Ros

Canary Islands
Spain
Send a message via MSN to isladelobos Send a message via Yahoo to isladelobos
Felicidades !!!
Old Mon 17 November 2008, 21:52
Lex
Just call me: Johan #56

Empangeni KwaZuluNatal
South Africa
Congratulations!
Old Tue 18 November 2008, 05:09
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Congratulations and well done...another Scorpion born.
Old Tue 18 November 2008, 08:13
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Congrats!!
Old Tue 18 November 2008, 17:48
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Thanks again guys!!

Back on topic.

Do any of you guys have a work order sheet, I mean the one you fill when a new work comes to your shop, what do you guys ask from the customer? what are the minimum requierements?

Since I can't build the machine, I want to create a business flow model around the mechmate, from customer call/visit to delivery

I was also thinking about a 3 tier price list, something like:

top tier: job finished today
mid: Job finished in the next 48hs
bottom: finished in less than a week

Do you guys see this as doable?

And last one (for now) customers bring the material or its provided by me?

Thanks!!
Old Tue 25 November 2008, 02:47
robertmonroe
Just call me: Robert

El Paso
United States of America
Gracias Amigo.
Old Tue 25 November 2008, 08:31
BHawthorne
Just call me: Brad

Wichita, KS
United States of America
Wow, nice solids model. It better helps me visualize the finished product.
Old Tue 03 February 2009, 07:00
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Hi, I think I found a place to build my shop not many blocks away from my home, its small because I live in a city and zonification don't allow for big shops, the lot size is 8.6m wide x 25m long and I can build one extra floor over the roof only (ground + 1st floor)

Since I need to demolish the actual home there because its very old and cannot be restored, I tought why not ask for ideas, I asked in this thread before, but now that I have better idea of the space available, Im asking again.

What do you guys think of this ground floor layout? http://peu.net/plano1.pdf (800kb)
(non obvious translations: Cocina=Kitchen / Area Trabajo=Work Area / Entrada taller=Work Area entrance)

Comments are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks
Old Tue 03 February 2009, 07:18
jhiggins7
Just call me: John #26

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Pablo,

A suggestion regarding the Dust Collector.

My workshop is in a residential area, so having the Dust Collector outside the building is not possible...too noisy. So, I added a Dust Collector room in one corner of the workshop. It has a vent back into the workshop with double filters. This means that when the Dust Collector is running, no air is being sucked out of the workshop. I insulated the inside walls to reduce noise. I also used an exterior door so there is a weather seal.

There is no perceptible noise outside the workshop. The noise inside the workshop is also greatly reduced.

Regards,
John
Old Tue 03 February 2009, 07:31
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
What would be the problem of sucking air out of the workshop? I can add a room next to the workshop toilet for that purpose, but ventilation to the outside would be complicated.

Now that you talk ventilation, Buenos Aires is not a very cold or very hot city (year range 5C to 35C) cooling can be done by wind blowers as most shops do here, but how do you heat? gas furnaces I guess are a no-no in a wood shop. BTW, natural gas is the usual way for heating here.

Thanks
Old Tue 03 February 2009, 08:31
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Pablo, if you have spent a lot of money to heat the air in the workshop, then you do not want to pump it outside with the dust collector. Then you make it a "closed system" - no cold air comes in and no warm air goes out. Here in South Africa we do not worry about closed systems.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read