MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Miscellaneous hardware and software > Miscellaneous / General / Whatever / Catchall
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 29 January 2010, 08:05
gixi
Just call me: Marius (AVO) #32

Bucharest
Romania
Send a message via Yahoo to gixi
Winter season in Bucharest !!!

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=cmOylupOaLU
This is an option for people who don't have time to go for a ski trip in mountains.
URBAN SKIING !!!
Old Fri 29 January 2010, 08:27
bradm
Just call me: Brad #10

Somerville(MA)
United States of America
<Chuckle> I kept waiting for the wipeout.

I shouldn't admit this, but in my misspent youth in upstate NY (http://www.erh.noaa.gov/bgm/climate/..._normals.shtml) we used to sneak around and grab onto the frame of the advertising panels on the back of city buses, and "ski" on our boots to and from school. Adults were, understandably, horrified.
What on earth am I going to do with my kids?
Old Fri 29 January 2010, 09:46
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Marius, those scenes along the streets are totally strange for me - I have never seen such snow in real life in a city, on the streets. (Have seen lighter stuff, but roads/streets were always clear).

The police had to spoil the fun - I wonder what was the official crime? More work for Marius, and if he falls, more work for Claus.
Old Fri 29 January 2010, 12:33
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Gerald, I was thinking just the opposite, that there was not THAT much snow on the streets. That in my neck of the woods would be a light snowfall. Many times, the snow is so deep you cannot drive until the plows come around or you will get stuck. Two years ago I got stuck on a street that was not plowed after a storm in a full size pickup, because the snow was packing under the frame. Everything was so white, I had not realized that I had gone from a plowed road onto an unplowed road. The plowed road had about as much snow as in the video.
Old Fri 29 January 2010, 13:10
Claudiu
Just call me: Claus #43

Arad
Romania
Foarte tare! Pun cuie pe KTM si vin la Bucale....
Old Sat 30 January 2010, 12:37
gixi

Bucharest
Romania
Gerald, regarding the amount of snow on our streets maybe if you ask our mayor to clean the streets it might help because if I write a letter to the city hall nobody cares.
The crime: disturbing the silence of the city = 110 Euro:.
You can imagine that those guys didn't stop...
Old Sat 30 January 2010, 12:40
gixi

Bucharest
Romania
Pai sari pe moto !!!
Old Sat 30 January 2010, 13:06
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
The silence of the city??? I thought that skiing is silent? Or the car was noisy?
Old Sat 30 January 2010, 13:57
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Maybe Disturbing the Peace?
Old Sat 30 January 2010, 22:51
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
I am playing lawyer now . . . . . .

If you are allowed to take your dog on a walk on a rope, why not take your friend on a rope? I cannot imagine that any member of the public had their peace disturbed. (unless there was shouting or something like that - I don't have sound on my PC). To me it looks like stupid police mentality - if people have fun then it must be illegal!
Old Sun 31 January 2010, 11:47
gixi

Bucharest
Romania
The police take that measure because there is no law for this situation...
For sure in front of a judge this penalty will be canceled. Nobody did that till now in city so there is now law for such a case .
Old Thu 04 February 2010, 18:49
Roadkill_321
Just call me: John #7

Wiseton, Saskatchewan
Canada
That reminds me of 20 years ago when I was indestructible.. we used to strap short little plastic skis to our boots, tie a rope behind a buddy's 4x4 and do the same thing. I seem to remember a lot more crashing involved though!

Was a lot of fun all the same.
Old Fri 05 February 2010, 11:10
Johannescnc
Just call me: John

Hannover, DE
Germany
I have not seen Bucharest in this way! We have had the most snow here than in about 20 years.. seems to have caught the city napping...
So Romania is on the Euro now... I remember when you could carry a couple Million Lei around in your wallet...
Old Fri 05 February 2010, 16:24
gixi

Bucharest
Romania
No we not yet on Euro. I don't know if will be good for us. Time will tell... I don't understand this wheather: the last 4 years only a light snow and now it didn't stop. My workshop is 15km near Bucharest and only a few days ago I was able to go there. This way I loose a lot of time .
Old Sun 07 February 2010, 02:53
Claudiu
Just call me: Claus #43

Arad
Romania
I heard spring is on its way, but you can build a horsesleigh meanwhile on your MM in case it stays like this.
Old Wed 10 February 2010, 12:23
Johannescnc
Just call me: John

Hannover, DE
Germany
Yes Spring is on the way.. but taking it's sweet time... We are on our 3rd day of snow... and no end in sight -6°
Old Wed 10 February 2010, 12:55
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
We are in our 3rd Month of snow. Will be a little while here until spring. Late March or April usually!
Old Wed 10 February 2010, 14:20
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Rain,Rain,Rain did I mention we are getting some ... rain here in the Southeastern US
Old Thu 11 February 2010, 07:26
gixi

Bucharest
Romania
Two days ago we got heavy snowing and -14 Celsius, yesterday again snow and the chery on the top... today is raining. This is too much....

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read