MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 09 October 2014, 18:23
RickyT
Just call me: Rick

Hertford, NC
United States of America
Cool Plasma Table Build - Hertford, NC

Hello Everyone,
I received my plans today from Metal~Head. Here a little back ground on myself. I am a retired US Coast Guard helicopter mechanic and hobbyist; mechanic, woodworker, and metalworks. My ultimate goal is to build a Sky-bolt Bi-Plane, but I am building support equipment prior to that adventure (having a ton of fun in doing so). I have been planing to build a Plasma Table for over a year. I decided to build a small table-top CNC Router to verify the theory and operation of the electronics at a cheaper cost. That project has been a complete success even enlarging the the table top to a 3' X 6'. While building my small CNC router I came across the Mech Mate forum, Wow pretty cool tables going on here. I had already purchased a DIY set of plans from the WEB for the P-Table, but is not even close to the product and support that Mech Mate has. My target table size is 5'X5'. I am using the Geko 540 with Mach3 on my router table already. I am looking forward to read about the many projects here. Thanks in advance for the help........ Rick
Old Thu 09 October 2014, 19:20
IMMark
Just call me: Mark #119

Columbus Ohio
United States of America
Welcome and good luck with your build! Sounds like you have a good background, should be up and cutting in no time.
Mark
Old Fri 10 October 2014, 02:49
Duds
Just call me: Dale

Canberra
Australia
Welcome, looking forward to reading your adventures in steel and electrons
Old Fri 10 October 2014, 16:36
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Welcome aboard !!!
Old Sat 11 October 2014, 00:23
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Welcome! Have you decided on your THC yet?
Old Sat 11 October 2014, 17:25
darren salyer
Just call me: Darren #101

Wentzville mo
United States of America
Welcome.
Old Sun 12 October 2014, 19:50
RickyT
Just call me: Rick

Hertford, NC
United States of America
No Ken I haven't planned for the Torch Height Controller (THC), do you have any suggestions?
Old Mon 13 October 2014, 00:14
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
There are so many choices on THC,
you can have Capacitive type which measures/detect the correct distance or the voltage control type which varies the distance with respect to the arc voltage.
Old Fri 17 October 2014, 11:34
Andrew_standen
Just call me: Andrew #109

Dorset
United Kingdom
Welcome

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read