MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Construction started, but not cutting yet
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 10 October 2011, 08:39
JasonC
Just call me: Jason

Soldotna,AK
United States of America
This is just kitchen table so far. Bipolar parallel with a 270K resistor just to get things moving. The motors didnt evan get warm at all so when i ran a 25 min g-code test run. There was a slight temp change but not more than if your hand was in the shade and moved into direct sun light on a 65 degree day I would say. So Ill will ramp it up to 330K then to 470K when the table is built...which is next. I had to ditch the On/Off push button, I rewired that put 4 times(per time plans) and it fired the On switch side each time.???.

Jas
Old Mon 10 October 2011, 08:59
JasonC

Soldotna,AK
United States of America
If it possible to edit the #46 entry on this build thread it is wired incorrectly! My fault. The A1/A2 coil are on the top(left side of contactor in picture) not the side.

Jason
Old Mon 10 October 2011, 11:56
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Jason, just post the correct info and someone can fix the other post for you.
Old Sun 23 October 2011, 15:23
JasonC

Soldotna,AK
United States of America
Table is standing. Working on the rail drilling and placement.

Is the only thing holding the rack on the X rail is 3M tape and the 2 end bolts?

Jas
Old Sun 23 October 2011, 15:32
JasonC

Soldotna,AK
United States of America
The other question is the height of the X rail with a V cap. Im using steel angle 2x2.5. Can I keep the height of 2 inches to place the V cap on?, avoiding half to cut a 10' long 1 inch peice on the 2" height off? Im concerned about the distance between the Top of the V cap and the where the rack and pinion meet if I keep the 2" height.?.

Jas
Old Sun 23 October 2011, 17:55
timberlinemd
Just call me: Steve #66

Arizona
United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC View Post

Is the only thing holding the rack on the X rail is 3M tape and the 2 end bolts?

Jas
Yes, and it is plenty.
Old Sun 23 October 2011, 17:58
timberlinemd
Just call me: Steve #66

Arizona
United States of America
Quote:
The other question is the height of the X rail with a V cap. Im using steel angle 2x2.5. Can I keep the height of 2 inches to place the V cap on?, avoiding half to cut a 10' long 1 inch peice on the 2" height off? Im concerned about the distance between the Top of the V cap and the where the rack and pinion meet if I keep the 2" height.?.

Jas
You must keep the height according to the plans if you want the system to work, otherwise you will have to adjust numerous other parts to accept the higher rail height.
Old Sun 23 October 2011, 18:01
Red_boards
Just call me: Red #91

Melbourne
Australia
Quote:

Jas
I think you will run into problems with the motor/pinion union (i.e. the motor brackets won't let the motor pivot low enough to reach under a 2"+ high rail).
The rail cutting to height is not hard. Just look at the various jigs people have built for this. And use thin cutting disks.
Old Thu 03 November 2011, 09:01
JasonC

Soldotna,AK
United States of America
Table is assembled, X rail for Vcap cut to proper height. I will get some pics rolling soon.

Jas
Old Tue 29 October 2013, 17:52
Mrayhursh
Just call me: Hurshy

Riverview, Florida
United States of America
Rail Caps

I bought rail Caps and now wish I hadn't. The grinding isn't all that bad and you replace that task with drilling and tapping holes. I would rather grind. Want to buy some rails? Don't use 1/4-20 screws they are to big.
Old Tue 29 October 2013, 17:56
darren salyer
Just call me: Darren #101

Wentzville mo
United States of America
Quote:

Jas
My machine has well over 200 hrs. with only 3M tape bought at Autozone holding it on. No bolts, no welds. Just tape.
Old Tue 29 October 2013, 18:30
Mrayhursh
Just call me: Hurshy

Riverview, Florida
United States of America
Duct Tape

What no Duct Tape

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read