MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 70. Control Systems
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 24 February 2010, 19:07
Regnar
Just call me: Russell #69

Mobile, Alabama
United States of America
Going from 30amps to 15amps

I have a 220v 30 amp circuit that I can plug the control box into. I use this circuit for the welders and the mill but I cannot use any of them at the same time. My question/thinking is that it probably not good to have 30 amps on the machine with out some sort of protection. Especially to the router. So I was wondering if something like this will work out. I read Gerald that you dont like fuses in the box but would this be ok in your mind for my situation. Its a circuit breaker that is din mountable. I would have to say its comparable in price to other circuit breakers here in the Big Box stores and it would be cheaper then running a new 20 or 15 amp circuit.

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/...Bxx%29/WMS1B15

PDF.
http://www.automationdirect.com/stat...ppprot1p3p.pdf

They also have a 1 amp. I was thinking a Class D curve for the router and Class B Curve for the Estop Circuit.
Old Wed 24 February 2010, 22:52
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Hi Russell, those circuit breakers are common around the world, and they are good. B-curve trips faster than D-curve....I see no need for you to consider anything other than B-curve.

We run 220V routers off 20Amp B-curve breakers. In fact, we used to run a complete MM, with its PC, control box and board hold-down vacuum on a single A-curve breaker. (Standard practice for wiring buildings here (230V) is a 20 Amp breaker for the wall outlet points and then wire size is 2.5mm2)
Old Thu 25 February 2010, 14:15
Regnar
Just call me: Russell #69

Mobile, Alabama
United States of America
Thanks Gerald. I had a feeling it was going to be alright.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read