MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 70. Control Systems
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 20 April 2008, 13:23
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
cnc4pc board help

Hello everyone, Sean here.
I am currently testing a cnc4pc c11-T board with servo motors run via the Gecko G320 drive. This is for a plasma torch application.
The question of the day is: Does anyone know if I can use the z and a axis outputs as inputs like the PMDX board?
What I am trying to do is get the encoder count back to Mach3 without an additional input card. The encoders connect to the G320 and error check within the drive for an "assumed" count / per pulse verification. I would like to get a true DRO reading in Mach instead of a fabricated one based on pulses sent.

The plasma application only requires me to use an x and y axis with a fixed manually set z height. Thus I have 2 unused ports.

Any feedback would be helpful.
Mike? Any experience with this one?
Old Wed 23 April 2008, 05:22
thornNnvine
Just call me: Dan

Portsmouth, NH
United States of America
I was under the belief that Mach 3 did not accept encoder feedback.

Also I believe that the CNC4PC boards are very strict about which pins are outputs and which are inputs.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read