MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Common Assemblies & Parts > Driving Mechanisms: Rack/pinion, gears, screws, belts & chains
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 16 February 2010, 16:21
gustavoosorio
Just call me: Gustavo

Medellin
Colombia
Belt or Rack

Hello everyone

I am in the process of manufacture of my machine and I have a question about what kind of system I use for Transmit motion, the general specifications of my machine would be:

axis x 183 cm
axis and 244 cm
z-axis 30 cm

I already have the engines MotionKing ref 23H8603, the idea is to make the transmittance of motion directly, but because of the cost it would involve using the rack and pinion system intended to use timing belt and pulley.

Do not know if this is the better or for this size of machine is only recommended the use of rack and pinion.

If i can use pulley and timing belt which would be the appropriate size?

Thanks

Gustavo Osorio
Old Tue 16 February 2010, 18:16
riesvantwisk
Just call me: Ries #46

Quito
Ecuador
Send a message via MSN to riesvantwisk Send a message via Skype™ to riesvantwisk
Gustavo,

your engines look awefully small for the mechmate, what made you decide to buy these small engines?

The Mechmate is designed around rack+ pinion with a nema 34 size engine
With your type of motor you need to use a timing belt, 1:3.6 is a favorite here,

See also this post and this answer.

Here is a link about selecting motors:

Ries

Last edited by riesvantwisk; Tue 16 February 2010 at 18:22.. Reason: Added links to selecting motors..
Old Tue 16 February 2010, 19:55
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
If you are looking at building your own design router, you might want to check out www.cnczone.com. They cater to that kind of thing.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read