MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 70. Control Systems
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 08 January 2010, 10:42
evancnc627
Just call me: Evan627

Milford, Ohio
United States of America
Vibration and Feedback Problems - C10 BOB with KL4030 Drivers and KL23H286208B Motors

I am using a C10 BOB with Keling KL4030 Drivers and Keling KL23H286-20-8B motors for my machine. I tested my system on the workbench, and was able to get everything working and jog the motors under Mach3 control. I tested my X axis on the machine and it initially ran smoothly when jogging at all speeds. My Y and Z axis motors have not been installed in the machine, only bench tested. The Y motor seems to run very smooth at all speeds. But when trying to run at full rapid the Z axis will intermittently lock it's shaft, and the motor sounds as if it is still running. Additionally, my X axis motor now sounds quite rough - both in the machine and on the bench at all speeds. Both the X and Z motors are losing steps.

Any thoughts on what might be the issue, and best troubleshooting path?

Thanks for your help.
Old Fri 08 January 2010, 11:11
Castone
Just call me: Leo #41

Soddy Daisy , Tn
United States of America
What are your motor settings , I have had good luck with both the motors and the drivers ,I have some that have been running 3yrs plus. I have not had alot of luck with the C10 BOB. I have had to replace several of them.
Old Fri 08 January 2010, 11:37
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Evan, that motor is not big enough for a MechMate. Please note that the front page of this forum states: "This forum is exclusively for MechMate builders or people seriously interested in building them."

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read