MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 11 April 2011, 01:55
aussie_mick
Just call me: Mick

Nowra
Australia
Smile Decision made, Time to start, Nowra, NSW, Australia

Hi to all.

I have been one of those who have been watching for a while. I have had the plans for over a year now and own a small CNC machine as well as a Laser engraver. It is now time I got serious .

I am an Ex Avionics technician and currently work with electronics and computers. My background has always been electronics although I was a demonstator for the Triton woodworking products.

My plan is to make jids toys with the machine, earning some money to keep adding to this hobby.

So over the course of the build i will be asking people questions about their particular build or items they have included.

I will endeavour to keep you all informed of my progress and mishaps as I go.

Mick
Old Mon 11 April 2011, 04:15
JamesJ
Just call me: Jim #104 (retired)

Kansas
United States of America
Welcome to the team, Mick!
Old Mon 11 April 2011, 11:34
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Welcome to the team !!!
Old Mon 11 April 2011, 12:36
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Welcome Mick!
Old Mon 11 April 2011, 19:01
aussie_mick

Nowra
Australia
Motors

Well the first purchase has been made.

4 x Nema34 Steppers. Thanks to guerd87, sorry to hear about your injury. Miss out on the drivers.

Now to organise the laser cut kit.
Old Tue 12 April 2011, 04:54
AuS MaDDoG
Just call me: Tony #71

Brisbane
Australia
Hi Mick,

Welcome and good luck with your build

Cheers
Tony.
Old Wed 13 April 2011, 18:57
aussie_mick

Nowra
Australia
Thanks

Thanks everyone for there warm welcomes and I'm sure we will converse at some stage as I engage your experience and knowledge to assist in my build.

I have organised the laser cut kit and will get that next month when I vist Melbourne as well as pick up my motors.

Now on to organising some steel to start the assembly as well as getting the father in-law lined up to use his milling machine and other equipment.

Mick
Old Thu 14 April 2011, 22:39
aussie_mick

Nowra
Australia
You guys are awesome

Less than a week from deciding to bild a MM I am gathering items

The members of this forum and MM builders are incredible. Looks like I now have the spring sorted as well.

Anyone else out there in Australia that has extra items that they no longer need and would part with send me a PM. Helps you out and gets me further along quicker.

Thanks once again,

michael
Old Mon 16 May 2011, 03:16
aussie_mick

Nowra
Australia
Off to Melbourne next week to attend National Manufacturing Week. One can only dream of some of the setups that the professionals put on there machines.

Anyway while I am down there I will be picking up my motors as well as the laser cut kit.

then i will have to see what the budget will allow me to do next. I think I might have to start procuring some steel as apparently the prices are going to rise yet again.

mick
Old Sat 28 May 2011, 01:30
aussie_mick

Nowra
Australia
Well i am back from National Manufacturing Week with a head full of ideas.

I have made contacts to get the springs made and also made a contact with a guy from a cable chain company. He is keen to help us CNC hobbists and will give us a discount when purchasing the cable chain. I will post more details later.

Thanks to Rick Nixon for the laser cut kit and John for the motors and the future control box. It was a pleasure to meet you both and to be able to see Rick's machine and ask some questions.

I will be away from home for the next 2 weeks but when I get back I think it might be time to get some steel.

Mick
Old Sat 28 May 2011, 19:03
AuS MaDDoG
Just call me: Tony #71

Brisbane
Australia
Hi Mick,

VGL Allied Connectors in Melbourne supply various types and sizes of E-Chain and E-Chain fittings and looked after us guys up here in Queensland during our build. Friendly and helpful bunch too.

Cheers
Tony.
Old Sat 28 May 2011, 20:46
aussie_mick

Nowra
Australia
Tony

I saw these guts at the show as well as some others. Be interesting to see who wants to support us MM with the best deal.

Mick

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read