MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 08 January 2011, 01:56
smeagle
Just call me: smeagle

Bucharest
Romania
hello from Romania

I want to build a CNC router to mill wood and plasma cutting , and the table will have 2500x1500 mm and the work surface it will be probably 2100x1300 mm , it will be the schelet of the masine with gantry an y and Z axis maybe the 4th ax latter , and the work table it can remove because it will be hard to put the steel sheet on it , I intended to use 3 stepper motor for the x axis is abut 12 Nm or 1700 Ozin , for Y axis is 8,5 Nm or 1200 Oz in and for the Z axis 3 Nm or 420 Oz in , for z axis I willm use screu , and axis with linear ball bearings , for gantry and Y axis I will use pinion ang gear to the motor to pinion of 1:2 or 1:2.5 and ballbearings roll like normal MM cnc but with precizion axis instead of the corner profile , now I am making just the project and wait to get some mony to start , I found everything here in Romania , the motors , the drivers and others , the precizion shafts I'll buy and others I'll manufacture in my workshop , the aproximate costs are under 3000 euros .

I have good knowlege with Catia V5 and G code but nothig about mach3 or art cam and other programs ...
Old Sat 08 January 2011, 08:04
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Welcome to the group. Just read on in the forum as we have a lot of good information on what is needed to build a MechMate !!!
Old Sat 08 January 2011, 09:00
fanefane
Just call me: Stefan #73

Baia Mare
Romania
Parca nu prea erai multumit de acest proiect vroiai sa faci alceva , cind am zis sa studiezi un proiect testat , facut de multi si inbunatatit !

Succes!
Old Sat 08 January 2011, 09:21
smeagle

Bucharest
Romania
dar nu am zis ca nu sunt multumit de proiect , doar ca sunt unele lucruri pe care le voi schimba ...cum ar fi sinele unde voi folosi tot role dar pe bara de fi20 si la carucior , in rest la cremaliera m-am gandit prima data apoi am vazut acest proiect prezentat de tine , nu in linii mari va semana ....
Old Sat 15 January 2011, 16:51
jehayes
Just call me: Joe #53

Whidbey Island, Washington
United States of America
Smeagle: Welcome to the group. It is a good adventure and a lot of fun thanks to the always helpful members.
Old Sun 16 January 2011, 06:58
smeagle

Bucharest
Romania
hello jehayes , I will make my cnc but a little one now but on the same principal , with rack and pinion , with steppers , and it will have 350x300 mm workatable , and most important to start learn the soft artcam and mach3 ...

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read