MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > The Market Place
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 04 August 2009, 08:15
dacostad
Just call me: David

Los Angeles
United States of America
Mounting brackets CAD Files for routers and spindles

I have been making aluminum mounts for the Chinese spindle motors available on Ebay.

The mount has 0.5" hole for mounting a dust collector supports. The mount has 4 holes for mounting to Z-axis carriage. The holes are spaced 2.5" across and 1" down. The mount is designed for the 2.2kw water cooled spindle with a 80mm diameter. If you wish a customized version of this mount please contact me.

Please note that this item will ship 2-3 days after payment is received as I make them as required. If you require a different hole layout on the back of the mount to allow fixing to your particular machine please let me know and I will try to accommodate your requirement.

I also make mounts for the air cooled 1.5kw and water cooled 0.8kw spindles with diameters of 65mm, contact me for details.

The mounts are $70 plus $12 shipping within the USA or $13 shipping for most other parts of the world (confirm non-domestic shipping with me).

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks

David

Old Sun 10 October 2010, 15:01
tootalew
Just call me: Chris

Rockford
United States of America
Alive?

Hi, are you still alive? I have been trying to contact you for a very long time.
Old Sun 10 October 2010, 17:48
dacostad

Los Angeles
United States of America
Hi,

Yes I am still alive.

If you have been trying to get hold of me with regards to the spindle mounts, I have stopped making them as the amount of time I was spending making them was not reflected in what I was charging for them.

Regards

David
Old Sun 10 October 2010, 19:39
tootalew
Just call me: Chris

Rockford
United States of America
David,
Good to see your alive, I can understand your reasons for not making them, or least at a price where your not making money.

If someone is interested in one at price that put some money in your pocket, would you be interested in giving them a quote?

Seems as if k2 is not making them either, I called them several weeks ago, and was told that some would be made within a week and thats the last I ever heard it.

I am not sure how this post came to be at this website, I am pretty sure I posted this at cnczone. Will what I am writting now be posted at cnczone?
Old Mon 11 October 2010, 04:37
Allegheny
Just call me: Brian

Massachusetts
United States of America
David,

If you are no longer going to be making these available, would you be willing to post, or email to interested parties, the drawings of the three pieces so they could be fabbed locally?

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2.2 kw water cooled spindle and was wondering where I was going to get the mount for it.

Thanks,

Brian
Taxachusetts
Old Mon 11 October 2010, 05:44
jwt
Just call me: John

Wexford
Ireland
I was going to heath robinson the mount using pipe clamps to allow me to fabricate a mount from good quality plywood to allow me to fabricate a mount from aluminium.

All eyeball copied from the above photos with mounting hole dimensions taken from the mechmate drawings and the spindle size from empirical measurement when I get the spindle.

Yeah I know, glutton for punishment.

John
Old Mon 11 October 2010, 15:42
dacostad

Los Angeles
United States of America
For the price that I would need to charge for them to make it worth my time, you might as well get them made at a local fab shop.

The best I can offer is for anyone who wants to send me $25 via PayPal, I will the CAD (.stp) file of the design and a drawing with the main dimensions on, so you can add more dimensions and customization as you like.

Let me know if anyone would like me to do that.

Regards

David

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read