MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 09 December 2011, 17:43
hevertg
Just call me: Hevert

maracaibo
Venezuela
New from Maracaibo Venezuela

hello all, especially MadDog AuS, excellent work friend. I love the homemade CNC MechMate is the most perfect and seen for over a year I'm looking to build. I always thought that wood was easier, but I was wrong, thanks to this excellent foropude see this ingenuity,
I want to build it by empesr because I do not have money to buy a lot of resources all its parts and assemble.
but I have some questions to clarify my concerns, I hope you can help your forum and everything they can thank you.
1 - V is the bearing on that measure?
2 - where I can buy gears and sliding?
3 - adjustable feet
4 - I can make the table bigger? it can enter the wood sheets 1850mm x 2440? and would have to make the load axis.
5 - I'm from Venezuela and find the steel tube is very difficult and expensive, I can make the structure of iron? the same thickness as your steel?

I bid good grateful for your humility conoser giving your details on this great CNC
att. Galue Hevert

Last edited by Gerald D; Fri 09 December 2011 at 20:06..
Old Fri 09 December 2011, 20:04
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Galue, have a look at The baby beast is cutting away - Peurto Ordaz, Venezuela.

4. You can make the table bigger
5. You can use iron
Old Mon 23 April 2012, 11:33
hevertg

maracaibo
Venezuela
New Member has Questions

Greetings, I am new to the forum and my happiness pasacion or serious life, build my MechMate is my dream.
I live in Venezuela and find steel is a bit difficult and expensive, now my question is:
'I can do the whole structure of iron?
-I would like to buy a kit of electrical systems that sell for ebay.com?
I would recommend someone? I put the link on the page, not lazy or anything it is that not much of this, but it's my passion to build this machine. I am an amateur.
Thank you very much hope can help.
Old Mon 23 April 2012, 12:58
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Did you start this thread? New from Maracaibo Venezuela
Old Mon 23 April 2012, 13:30
hevertg

maracaibo
Venezuela
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
Did you start this thread? New from Maracaibo Venezuela
Gerald D Hi, thanks for replying, what happens is that it was more than 5 years ago, wanted to know if there is something better if not more sophisticated and I trust that what you once you recommended? hugo on carradini of Venezuela
Old Mon 23 April 2012, 13:47
Axel1966
Just call me: Axel

Paris
France
Ola Hevert,

The best way, to save time and to have a good cut quality, is to follow exactly the plans.
All is written, from the first steel bar to the last bolt, with procedures.

The cheapest MechMate ever built has a wood table :
http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1789

There's no kit ready to be mounted.
Except maybe on the Marketplace.
Otherhand, you need to read a bit to understand what's suitable or not, and why.
That will be very helpfull when you'll have to manage all together.

If you have any question on parts, several awnsers and experiencies are already in each section. You can get inspiration from here and ask for further information.
For example, for the control system :
http://www.mechmate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Last edited by Axel1966; Mon 23 April 2012 at 13:55..
Old Mon 23 April 2012, 21:01
hevertg

maracaibo
Venezuela
I can get started with this kit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Axis-Nema-...ht_4776wt_1085

espara beginner as I hope you can help me greetings.
Old Mon 23 April 2012, 21:50
hevertg

maracaibo
Venezuela
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_5838wt_1455 ?
which do you recommend? TY
Old Mon 23 April 2012, 22:00
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Nema 23 motors are too small for a MM. The long motors in that second add are the larger type 34. These are also not recommended due to the high inductance of the windings. Have a look at the motor threads to see the motors that work for this application.
Why a stepper motor should not be too big . . . .
Selecting motors for the MechMate

Last edited by domino11; Mon 23 April 2012 at 22:02..
Old Tue 24 April 2012, 04:04
Axel1966

Paris
France
Hevert, the links comunicated by Heath explain all that can be explained.
You may read them, then you'll be able to choose your motors confidently by yourself

And so on for each part. Just find the good topic, and read.
Old Tue 24 April 2012, 07:26
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Be carefull with the oriental motor you listed. It has a very high gearbox ratio. Most guys here have used those motors, but with a 7.2 or 3.6 to 1 gearbox. Have a look at the thread that I posted for more info. Also check out geckodrives, they are used on most of the MMs here if you can get them in your area.
Old Tue 24 April 2012, 13:19
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
I am with Heath.

203V Geckodrive
NEMA 34 640 oz in motor on Belt Drives 3.3:1 or 4:1
Antek Power Supply

I can source this and other items also.
Old Tue 24 April 2012, 17:10
hevertg

maracaibo
Venezuela
I think I found the one for me:
http://www.finelineautomation.com/store/show/EL-0013
but not that merecomendaran? if I buy all this kit? or single engine and drive? hope can help. another little thing would adactar zipper and belt. I will look at the original MM very good.
Belt Drives. donde la puedo comprar? thanks for the help

edit

now seeing the original plans of MM I realize that the pinion is directly to the rack, but now use a sprocket and belt? is important to use the new form? as a reductant? can you explain why?

edit

I would like to inform you that MM is going to build all be equal to the original except that the adactare for cutting wood and plasma parese them? officer with the same engines and everything changes?

Last edited by hevertg; Tue 24 April 2012 at 17:37.. Reason: G x M
Old Wed 25 April 2012, 09:36
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Ads like that are hard to qualify, as they do not give you detailed specs on the motors. Only things like "motors are perfectly suited to the drives." Better to use a motor and drive combination that has been tested here by more than one member if you do not have the full specs to make a judgement yourself.
Old Wed 25 April 2012, 11:29
hevertg

maracaibo
Venezuela
domino11 hi thanks for responding, I learned friend, I do not ask much, my question orita is 7.2 or 3.6: 1 that means? the motor shaft with pinon give 7 laps while the other gives only 2? or is 7 laps for 2 = a 1 step?
podri choose the pinion of the motor shaft 15 and larger teeth 60, to be 4.1 = 1? I am right or give me help please .. regards
Old Wed 25 April 2012, 11:46
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
The gear ratio (or belt reduction ratio) is the amount of turns that he motor shaft has to turn to make 1 turn of the output shaft. Therefore if you have a 7.2:1 gearbox (or belt reduction), then the motor will turn 7.2 revolutions to turn the output shaft 1 revolution. If it is 3.6:1 then the motor will turn 3.6 revolutions and the output shaft will only turn 1 revolution. The pinion size adds a gearing effect as well on top of the gear or belt reduction ratio. You can have a motor with an integrated gearbox or as some have done, make a belt drive reduction plate.
Old Wed 25 April 2012, 13:18
hevertg

maracaibo
Venezuela
and understanding, thank you friend know where I find the straps? already where they sell the gear, but not if it brings the straps? regards
Old Wed 25 April 2012, 13:36
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Mike has belt reduction parts available or you could have a look Stock Drive Products
Old Fri 08 June 2012, 17:55
hevertg

maracaibo
Venezuela
greetings from Venezuela, I recently bought this kit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/140745516104...ht_3303wt_1397 I would like to opine on someone? also if you know someone on the forum that sells the speed reduction system, and pinion and engranage like mechmate, who can give me a total price of the kit you Sirba I bought, thank you greetings and hope can help
Old Fri 08 June 2012, 21:15
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
I always curious why people still want to ask for comment after they bought their good...
If you MUST use NEMA23, JUST USE THEM! tell us if it can work.
Old Sat 09 June 2012, 08:46
hevertg

maracaibo
Venezuela
if friend thanks, and if I read much in the forum, just do not know much about ingles and when I find it hard to translate, thanks for the help and advice

Last edited by hevertg; Sat 09 June 2012 at 08:59..
Old Sat 09 June 2012, 16:43
Axel1966

Paris
France
Ola,

El requisito estándar para el MechMate es Nema34 800 oz.in motores.
Su Nema23 motores no estan bastante poderoso (428 oz.in).
El axo es demasiado pequeño para sostener el peso de la machina.
Es imposible montarlos en el estándar MechMate.

Saludos.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read