MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Structure & Mechanics > 55. Dust Management
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 10 June 2008, 19:50
Roadkill_321
Just call me: John #7

Wiseton, Saskatchewan
Canada
Blast deflector affects the positioning of the router bracket

Borrowed from another thread. A typical router bracket . . . . for further discussion.:
Old Sat 21 June 2008, 08:03
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
I think it is not such a good idea to bring the router bracket down right to the bottom of the router. I would have at least 25mm [1"] of router body below the bracket (below the z-slide tip as well). This makes it easier to fit the Number 1 Dust Management Device. . . . . the simple air blast deflector:

The simple/effective deflector shown above could be shortened down to only about 20mm [3/4"] tall without losing efficiency.

An air channel only about 10mm [3/8"] wide is needed for the router to breathe sufficiently - you can calculate the slot areas if you are really bored.

In John's case above, I would leave the bottom bracket connected to the bottom tip of the slide, but I would move the router and top bracket down by 30mm [one hole spacing on the z-slide]. (Are those extra rollers in the middle of the z-slide starting to make sense? )

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read