MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 18 February 2010, 11:42
riesvantwisk
Just call me: Ries #46

Quito
Ecuador
Send a message via MSN to riesvantwisk Send a message via Skype™ to riesvantwisk
Kobus,

very good idea... I forgot about that and I need to remember about that in future.

Ries
Old Thu 18 February 2010, 23:18
Claudiu
Just call me: Claus #43

Arad
Romania
chinese usually don`t give a s..t about the rest of the worlds customs rules. It happened to me too when I ordered my spindle and vfd. I payed over paypal, and they put a blanco invoice to the pack and on the outside it was stated it as a gift. Of course customs were curious...
Old Thu 25 February 2010, 23:02
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
During the week I visited my local steel merchant. They also do irrigation stuff for farmers. My eye caught the submersable borehole pump motors lying on the racks...this looks like a SPINDLE to me....

Will this work as a spindle...http://www.franklin-electric.co.za/S...s-4-3phase.htm
Old Thu 25 February 2010, 23:05
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
The motor can take a fair bit of axle trust, very nice. wonder if what we can cut with the work piece & spindle fully submerge
Old Fri 26 February 2010, 02:19
bradm
Just call me: Brad #10

Somerville(MA)
United States of America
Interesting. Not clear to me how much rotational speed it's bearings can take, however, or what the runout will be.
Old Fri 26 February 2010, 07:38
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
definitely good idea for machining marble - submerged
Old Fri 26 February 2010, 09:03
KenC

Klang
Malaysia
Plausible!
Now how do we water proof the rest of the mm...
Old Fri 26 February 2010, 09:54
Jan de Ruyter
Just call me: Jan

Pretoria
South Africa
Kobus,
You have to watch out for the cooling of those motors, they are designed to run underwater so that's what cools the motor. There are no fans or water channels to circulate water through the motor. Many a borehole motor has burned out because it was run dry, I installed some run dry/blockage/phase failure protection on my borehole to prevent this.
Old Fri 26 February 2010, 12:21
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
The BOSS want a new bigger (1300 x 1000 mm ) mirror in the bedroom.
From normal 2d vectors I quickly slapped these ideas together in my new fairytale software.
Will see if I can find time tomorrow to cut one of them.

Spieel 4.JPG

Spieel 5.JPG
Old Sat 27 February 2010, 10:56
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Nothing came of my date with old BBB and the mirror frames for the BOSS...shows you who is the boss. . My son and I finished off the last of the burglar bar's in front of the windows. My eye caught all the leftovers from previous projects and I decided to use the 150 mm lip-channel, 75mm Sq tubing etc to make my workshop table that I have planned for a VERY VERY long time.

This is how it came out..

DSC01068.JPG
Old Tue 09 March 2010, 05:54
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Feedback on our Steppers from China....THEY HAVE ARRIVED..
With this I would like to make it clear that MotionKing came to the party....they paid a BIG BIG penalty (more than the value of the steppers) to our customs and our stuff was released and delivered today.

Thank's MotionKing...you had a mistake on the paperwork, but took full blame for it and paid the penalty to keep the customer happy.
Old Tue 09 March 2010, 05:58
KenC

Klang
Malaysia
Congrats!
Looking forward to your new axis with keen interest.
Old Tue 09 March 2010, 06:06
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Kobus, that is wonderful news about Motionking, and they have earned respect for doing the right thing. Motionking realises that the average China supplier has a bad reputation and that they have to prove themselves to be better than average. It would have been so easy for MK to have walked away from one little guy in South Africa, but they bit the bullet and proved themselves to be good business partners.
Old Tue 09 March 2010, 06:24
riesvantwisk
Just call me: Ries #46

Quito
Ecuador
Send a message via MSN to riesvantwisk Send a message via Skype™ to riesvantwisk
Good news indeed for both Motionking and Kobus!
I am also highly surprised that it was resolved this way, but I am really glad it did... a big++ for the motionking people!

Ries
Old Tue 09 March 2010, 08:31
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Now I believe it...

Look at the BIG red STOP on the box from our friendly customs people.

DSC01098.JPG

DSC01101.JPG
Old Tue 09 March 2010, 10:56
Brad Maritz
Just call me: Brad

Joburg
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Brad Maritz
Good News!!!!!!!! I thought we had lost the lot to customs, We all know what can happen in Africa.See you on the weekend.
Old Fri 12 March 2010, 08:48
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
No more motor swopping for me.....

DSC01111.JPG

DSC01112.JPG
Old Fri 12 March 2010, 09:32
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Kobus I am thinking of sending you a broom.( geluk ek like daai draaibank ek sal my draaiwerk oor sub na jou toe )
Old Fri 12 March 2010, 11:43
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
You are welcome to come and help keep this place clean...bring Heksie saam.. net nie Aspoestertjie nie.
Old Fri 12 March 2010, 20:27
dragonfinder1
Just call me: Dave #49

Astoria, Oregon
United States of America
I have small boards on each side of the spoils board, helps keep the chips off the floor and easier to clean up. I don't normally run the dust collector when I'm using v-bit cutters, they don't make a lot of chips anyway. I don't know what would be a good solution for the indexer.
Old Fri 12 March 2010, 22:09
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Thanks Dave, but those chips are not just from the indexer. When I do 3d on REAL wood I also like to leave the extractor off....I can then see the piece, smell the piece and feel the piece...and I am happy. For MDF it's another story.

We are also fortunate to have a garden engineer every saturday doing the lawns, flower beds etc. and from time to time I get him to crawl under the table and do Hennie job with the broom.
Old Fri 12 March 2010, 22:38
KenC

Klang
Malaysia
garden engineer !
Old Fri 12 March 2010, 23:29
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
I have two of those engineers and it is law in my shop in the morning sweep and 15 minutes before leaving for home.I keep the dust extraction on all the time
Old Sat 13 March 2010, 07:33
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Brad came along to pick up his steppers and showed me a sample of his furiture drawings. We scaled it down and did a test run on 6mm ply that I got from crates at work.

DSC01113.JPG

DSC01114.JPG

DSC01115.JPG

DSC01116.JPG
Old Sat 13 March 2010, 07:46
KenC

Klang
Malaysia
Brilliant! Can't wait to make these stuff!
Old Sat 13 March 2010, 08:22
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Ek stuur daai besem met die heksie,mooi so julle
Old Sat 13 March 2010, 10:55
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
looks like those on the legare website - good things these furnitures are.

kobus with the new motor you now owe us a lot of 4th axis entertainment.
Old Fri 26 March 2010, 09:03
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Something funny for the weekend.

If you cannot decipher anything, then try pulling the
corner of your eyes as if you were Japanese. Keep
pulling until your eyes are almost closed..

pic25316.jpg
Old Fri 26 March 2010, 13:11
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
If thats true, and not my case, why I need to use lenses for close reading?
Old Fri 26 March 2010, 17:48
liaoh75
Just call me: David

Taibao
Taiwan
Kobus, that was interesting. You can also try blinking very fast.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read