MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Archives
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Mon 30 June 2008, 11:45
05fmtc
Just call me: Steve

Norfolk, VA
United States of America
Agreed

I have looked at other options for building a table, and someone pointed me to the Mechmate...

I first was going to do one of the JGRO or Joe's plans, but wanted something w/ a bit of size...

Then I was told I could purchase plans from the Joe CNC 2006 or whatever dude, and that would have been great...

But finally I came to this site and checked things out.

It's great Gerald can put all this time and energy into this... And it's greatly appreciated... Plus in the end, making a great plan available free, is unheard of, then the support on top of it, what's the catch?...

Once I get some projects out of the way, Im defintely putting some time aside to build a mech mate!...

Thanks Gerald for all your help and support!...

Oh yea, I was thinking maybe you should add a Dontate to Mechmate!!! link... Im sure there would be many willing to "tip" you for all the help and savings you have passed our way!
Old Mon 30 June 2008, 12:01
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Steve,

Welcome to MechMate. I am just one of guys building a machine.

There is no catch..... if you call asking you to paint your machine Blue and put the MechMate name on it then there is a catch.

Good luck with your build.
Old Mon 30 June 2008, 12:41
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
There is no "donate button" for 2 reasons:

- I would have to think twice about evicting a poster if he had donated, and
- PayPal does not allow any African country to receive funds to their account.

Actually, I enjoy the freedom of staying away from the cash.
Old Mon 30 June 2008, 13:05
05fmtc

Norfolk, VA
United States of America
Yea, Im more then willing to paint it blue and put MechMate name on it.

And the build will probably be a month or so out, as we are having a new garage built at our home. But trying to get materials sourced out in the mean time.

Im glad I have access to all the necessary tools and contacts through work, so that should save me tons of time. No need to source laser cutting, welding, milling, etc.

I was curious for the files to be downloaded, as far as plans. I checked on out, and it was some 30+ pages, is that a complete set of plans?... I briefly scrolled through it, so didnt see everything. Just wondering because there are 5/6 different files to download, and wanted to make sure I wasn't mixing plans together. I wanted to take the plans to a print shop and get some larger ones made.

And Gerald, 2 very good points I didn't even think of w/ the donating.

Do you have to get an overseas acct. or something like that to use Paypal in Africa?... Just curious...
Old Mon 30 June 2008, 13:37
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Steve, you may have caught me in the middle of changing all the downloads. There are 5 parts with 150 drawings, plus some .dxf's zipped together.
Old Mon 30 June 2008, 15:49
05fmtc

Norfolk, VA
United States of America
Gotcha Gerald, I'll just hold tight for a little bit...
Old Mon 30 June 2008, 20:43
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
No need to hold back - I had already added all the drawings to the downloads page by the time I made the previous post.
Old Tue 01 July 2008, 02:41
05fmtc

Norfolk, VA
United States of America
Yea, I noticed that by last night!... Thanks!
Old Tue 08 July 2008, 22:32
thesaent14
Just call me: Manny

Miami
United States of America
well is nice to be back i am ready now to start my MM and have to tell you for the time i was away from this forum i have not stop thinking on making my blue beast and be proud to say i made it i remember my first post i got banned lol because i was just being lazy asking for short cuts but i have come to understand why gerald got mad and i thank him for giving me a second chance i have seeing the other machines like this one a perfect copy but i tell you i like the blue not gray lol plus i want to make it my self thanks gerald for all the hard work

manny

btw
i have two days reading here wow much to catch up
Old Tue 08 July 2008, 23:27
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Welcome back Manny!
Old Thu 10 July 2008, 18:47
thesaent14
Just call me: Manny

Miami
United States of America
thanks gerald i am happy to be back
Old Tue 05 August 2008, 12:13
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
I think it would be reasonable if I asked for 2.5% of sale price, or 5% of profit, whichever the higher, as a "licence fee"?
Hi, 1st post in the forum, I came from CNCZone, been member there since 2005. Started by making my own CNC router and now I sell Syil CNC Machines

I wonder if these % are still current, not that I want to start a Mechmate tomorrow or sell for profit, but the more I read the more I like the open approach of this design, and if I ever build one for myself it would be nice to know that I can make more for a profit knowing all the licencing costs.

Greetings from Buenos Aires, Argentina

Pablo
Old Tue 05 August 2008, 12:43
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Hi Pablo, those figures are still a dream - it hasn't happened yet.
Old Tue 05 August 2008, 15:48
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
I hope that sooner than later you can realize your dream, these figures are fair in my book

BTW, Im sure there is a thread where I can read the detailed specifications/capabilities of the machine regarding accuracy/rapids/weight etc but I can't find it, can you provide me with a link? Thanks!

Pablo
PS: Im still reading and reading the forum
Closed Thread

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read