MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > After Building the Beast - Operating , Troubleshooting and Maintenance > The Show Room
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 13 June 2009, 04:51
Jayson
Just call me: Jayson #18

Horsham
Australia
Hi All,

Time to drop in again with some more pics.

My Grandma asked if I could cut out a few tree shapes for her so she can paint them and turn them into fridge magnets. I told her that I would see what I could do.

Attachment 4810

It took just under a minute to do each one. She only wanted four or five but since they were so quick and easy to make, I made a few extras. It is 3mm MDF and was cut with a 3mm router bit.

Today I cut some signs from treated pine. An acquaintance has a commercial machine but was unable to do these due to time restrictions and also due to the size of one of them. The longest sign is 3 meters long and his machine only has an 8 foot bed (2.4 meters) so it was going to be difficult for him to cut anyway. I'm fairly certain that I didn't mention that my machine is home made, cost heaps less than his, but can do more... Well maybe once I did

Attachment 4811

I think I'm getting the hang of all of this.

Regards,

Jayson.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trees.jpg (31.1 KB, 693 views)
File Type: jpg signs.jpg (42.8 KB, 693 views)

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read