MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > After Building the Beast - Operating , Troubleshooting and Maintenance > Troubleshooting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 06 November 2009, 06:08
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Trouble Shooting Standards

I'd like to get a thread that has points defined in the system for trouble shooting.

Take existing working machines to get "Expected" realtime voltages and readings.

1. Agree to proper testing points in the system.
2. Break the system down into two (or more) types of power.
Supply Power (AC/DC) Example - Input Power, DC Output Power
Signaling Power - Voltages that drive the motors in X,Y,Z and points in the system to check for proper outputs from the PC Software (http://www.techgsm.at/Monitor_and_Te...Port,1421.html)

3. Update the power supply drawings with test points. I know the voltages will be based on setups. But I think the 90/10 rule will work here. Create a chart for "Standard" config testing. ie - gear A2A (Full and Half Coil) and NEMA34 Direct/Belt drive systems (Full and Half Coil)

Basically we talk about issues and fixing problems. We have enough working machines out there to collect these expected values.

I think this would help both the builders and the folks working issues in the future.

Thoughts?
Old Sat 14 November 2009, 16:32
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Here is a cool site I found for resistor checking.

http://www.hobby-hour.com/electronic...color_code.php

Put in the colors and you can see what the resistance value is.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read