MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > About this Forum
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 08 January 2008, 22:35
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Posting suppliers' e-mails or quotations on this forum - not allowed!

Please do not post "private" correspondence in this "public" forum. As an example, a laser cutting company has a reasonable expectation that their quote would not be advertised to the whole wide world (incl. their competitors). Same goes for any other e-mail correspondence......unless all the parties know (and agree) that a mail will be posted in public, don't paste a mail onto a forum.

It is more or less okay (judging by other forums) to summarise and say you were quoted 123 by the company XYZ, but even that makes me a little uncomfortable if I put myself in company XYZ's shoes.

You could even shoot yourself in the foot by publicising a special deal that you got - you might not get it again if they suddenly have 100 people wanting the same deal.

I know the folk who pass on the prices are trying to do their best for the community, but I would just ask more consideration for the supplier.
Old Wed 09 January 2008, 09:30
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Gerald,
I hope the pricing I specified in my laser cut parts post is ok? My supplier and I did discuss how we would handle multiple orders if interest was there.
Old Wed 09 January 2008, 11:42
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Heath, if you said to your supplier that you would be telling your group of friends about it, then it is surely okay. I have an issue with exact copies of quotes, with letterheads, signatures etc. In many European countries the quotes would even include bank account numbers.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read