MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Structure & Mechanics > 50. Toolheads
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 03 December 2007, 13:43
WTI
Just call me: James

Detroit (Michigan)
United States of America
Chinese spindles?

I saw on CncZone that there are 3.5KW Chinese spindles that are water cooled.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...=46637&page=21 (go to post #246 on the page).

I would think that they should be on the affordable side, as that entire 4x8' router in the picture sells for $3500 usd. FOB China.

Does G or anyone else have any experience with water cooled spindles? It would seem like they would be quite quiet without a fan (yes, I read the fan removal thread).

Searching Google, it seem that these routers come up, but not the actual spindles themselves.

Last edited by WTI; Mon 03 December 2007 at 13:45..
Old Mon 03 December 2007, 17:27
Art
Just call me: Art #2

Lancaster,Texas
United States of America
Water cooled spindle

Art of Mack3 fame is runing a Chinese water cooled spindle and it sounds like a sewing machine fron what I am told. He is happy with it. http://tigertec.us/ I am looking at getting one but details are schetchy.
Old Mon 03 December 2007, 19:16
WTI
Just call me: James

Detroit (Michigan)
United States of America
Art, I looked at that Tigertec page, but I did not see the same spindle. That is the same sh-cnc machine with a different name on it. A Google search shows about 40 machines with different logos on them, all with exactly the same specs.
Old Mon 03 December 2007, 20:02
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
My experience with Chinese 3-phase motors (dust collector, lathe, drill-press, bandsaw) is bad in general. All four those motors replaced for Brazilian within a year. Also have had problems with their bearings at high speeds in other applications (eg, linisher). Would wait till more is known about the particular producer and have multiple good reports of people using those spindles for over a year.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read