MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 11 March 2010, 23:01
cvriv.charles
Just call me: charles

New Jersey
United States of America
Thanks. I am planning to use high grade 3/8" bolts too. The thing im worrying about is that im using 3 X 1-1/2 X 1/4 (6.0#) channel for everything under the mainbeams. Cross bearers, legs, etc. Thats very heavy. Im wandering if I use an appropriate number of high grade 3/8" bolts that I'll be fine? What do you think?

I was thinking maybe I should use 1/2" but thats seems like overkill to me. 3/8" bolts are pretty big/ strong.

Last edited by cvriv.charles; Thu 11 March 2010 at 23:06..
Old Fri 12 March 2010, 00:16
DeadGuy
Just call me: Dennis #51

Astoria, Oregon
United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvriv.charles View Post
Thanks. I am planning to use high grade 3/8" bolts too. The thing im worrying about is that im using 3 X 1-1/2 X 1/4 (6.0#) channel for everything under the mainbeams. Cross bearers, legs, etc. Thats very heavy. Im wandering if I use an appropriate number of high grade 3/8" bolts that I'll be fine? What do you think?

I was thinking maybe I should use 1/2" but thats seems like overkill to me. 3/8" bolts are pretty big/ strong.
Hi Charles,

3/8 will be fine, but if I do this again(and I will) I will be using all metric bolts. To many things you buy for this, like steppers or the wheels, all use metric bolts. It was a lot of switching back and fourth and it gets to confusing.

Dennis

By the way I think I have a reservoir you built. DarthBevis gave it to me.
Old Fri 12 March 2010, 00:27
cvriv.charles
Just call me: charles

New Jersey
United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGuy View Post
Hi Charles,

3/8 will be fine, but if I do this again(and I will) I will be using all metric bolts. To many things you buy for this, like steppers or the wheels, all use metric bolts. It was a lot of switching back and fourth and it gets to confusing.

Dennis

By the way I think I have a reservoir you built. DarthBevis gave it to me.
LOL! Really? How is good ole surroz doing? Wow, its a small world. I plan on making some newer and better reservoirs with my MM. I'll dedicate one of the first to you

Anyways thanks for the advice

Last edited by cvriv.charles; Fri 12 March 2010 at 00:40..

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read