MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 10 March 2010, 17:26
timberlinemd
Just call me: Steve #66

Arizona
United States of America
Let the games begin in Arizona City, AZ!

Ok, after spending about two weeks lurking and learning, it has become apparent that you guys have given me the virus/bug. (There should be a disclaimer somewhere warning people that everyone in this forum is infected with MM and currently there is no cure and they are under strick quarantine.) Anyway, I got it bad and ordered my laser cut parts from Mike(AKA MetalHead) today to build a 49" x 97" MM.

I'm a cabinetmaker/finish carpenter/general contractor in central southern Arizona. My shop is on my property and that is where the build will occur.

I am using VisualCADD for drawing and for my money it is the best 2D CAD program available. Besides having the easiest/fastest UI the CAD engine is fully programmical using C++,VB or Delphi. While the 'out of the box' version doesn't have CAM built in, if you can program (I do alot) then one could add that to its functions. For a demo go to www.tritools.com.

I have to budget this build based on the current US economy (it's not pretty being in construction right now) so I don't know how long it will take.

I hope to get to know more of you infecties as time goes on.

Steve
Old Wed 10 March 2010, 17:55
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Welcome Steve!
Old Thu 11 March 2010, 05:47
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Steve welcome to the group !!! We look forward to your build !!!
Old Thu 11 March 2010, 09:30
jehayes
Just call me: Joe #53

Whidbey Island, Washington
United States of America
Welcome to the club. While MM is infectious, it is not debilitating (except to the checkbook, sometimes). Enjoy the build. We are looking forward to your pictures.

Joe

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read