MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > After Building the Beast - Operating , Troubleshooting and Maintenance > Troubleshooting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 25 March 2008, 13:31
ekdenton
Just call me: Ed #8

Alamogordo, NM
United States of America
Getting comms between PC and PMDX-122 - Finding the correct port address

I can't seem to find my port address on my new computer. The tab that is shown on the tutorial that gives the I/O address on the mach tutorial is not even on my computer. I found on the general info tab of parallel port properties......"Location 513 {PCI EPP/ECP Parallel port1}" So is the port location supposed to be the port I/O address?
Old Wed 26 March 2008, 10:18
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Ed, we only set up the port once, and the default worked, so we don't have real experience of steps involved. . . . .

. . . . .come to think of it, I am lying. We have swopped PC's a couple of times.

It seems that Mach "auto-detects" the port number quite successfully every time.

Go into Config > Ports & Pins > Port Setup and Axis Selection and for Port #1, leave the detected Port Address alone. It should be right. I recall now that folk sometimes have issues with a second port, but nobody seems to have issues getting the first port right. (You only get involved with a second port when you run a second BoB)
Old Wed 26 March 2008, 11:14
ekdenton
Just call me: Ed #8

Alamogordo, NM
United States of America
Thanks Gerald, I finally found it. Dell support was no help. The manufacturer of the I/O card showed me where to find the address, it was under multifunction adaptors rather than the ports as in the mach tutorial.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read