MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 04 August 2013, 19:17
Mick1
Just call me: Mick

Queensland
Australia
Where to get drawing?

About to buy a MechMate.
Do most people do their own drawing or do they usually download them from somewhere?

I would like to do stuff like this http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3124.

Would they have drawn it themselves?
Would that sort of thing be called "ornamental carving" or something?

The only 3D drawing experience I've had is with Pro/desktop. I'm thinking of going with Blender.

Thanks,
Michael
Old Sun 04 August 2013, 20:07
darren salyer
Just call me: Darren #101

Wentzville mo
United States of America
Welcome Mick.
The plans are available for download here: cvsupply.com.

There are options of using software to draw your own projects, or there are predrawn models available for purchase from a number of sources.

Building a MM is getting easier every day thanks in part to this forum and its members..
Dive in and start reading, all the answers lie within.
Old Mon 05 August 2013, 08:43
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
So are you buying a finished machine? As far as running the machine and making cut files, that will take some more research and learning on your end.

You can buy cut files or have them made to get a quick start using the machine. But in the long run knowing how to use programs like Vetric's Aspire will be a good thing to know.

Welcome to the forum!!!
Old Tue 06 August 2013, 23:15
Mick1
Just call me: Mick

Queensland
Australia
Thanks for the welcomes and help.

Yes, it is a finished machine. Thanks for telling me about Aspire, it looks like the way to go. We should have access to the machine it in a month (need to prepare the workshop). The owner/builder will also guide us for awhile.

Time to get Aspire and start practicing, can hardly wait.

Cheers
Mick

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read