MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts

Old Fri 19 December 2008, 04:13
MariusL
Just call me: Marius #22

Centurion
South Africa
Gerald,
Yes only the administrator email option was turned on, I thought that I set both to yes. I did receive the number for Kobus via a private message thanks.
Old Fri 19 December 2008, 06:19
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
I havn't logged in as the administrator for a long time, and today I can't think what my password will be!
Old Fri 19 December 2008, 06:37
Alan_c
Just call me: Alan (#11)

Cape Town (Western Cape)
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_c
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
I havn't logged in as the administrator for a long time, and today I can't think what my password will be!
Now nobody pass comment about age, grey hair etc etc please, remember we are all going to get there
Old Fri 19 December 2008, 07:04
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
It is something in the water
Old Fri 19 December 2008, 11:10
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Thanks Hennie...Marius made contact with me and will visit me tomorrow afternoon. We will take old BBB out for a short drive.
Old Fri 19 December 2008, 11:56
Alan_c
Just call me: Alan (#11)

Cape Town (Western Cape)
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_c
Quote:
Originally Posted by hennie View Post
It is something in the water
Ah you see now there is the problem, as my Grandfather who lived to be over 90 would say never drink the water unless it is sufficiently diluted with whisky (yes he was Irish)
Old Fri 19 December 2008, 12:02
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Nothing wrong with some Chivas on the rocks ( en toe word ek dors )
Old Fri 19 December 2008, 13:50
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Ik hebt dorst
Old Sun 21 December 2008, 22:54
MariusL

Centurion
South Africa
Kobus,
Thank you for the time spent with you on Saturday. It was really informative and I will start construction as soon as the Laser cutters open up again. I decided to use the existing table that I have and just to construct the X slides, gantry and Z axis. I will need to know how to calculate the sizes of the gantry members if I only have the distance between the X axis rails. Maybe Gerald can help?
Old Mon 22 December 2008, 01:33
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Nice to meet with you too. I suggest those measurements you clear up with Gerald since I got mine wrong
Old Mon 22 December 2008, 01:44
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
I had to show off while Marius visited and pushed the X-gantry speed up to some mad figure....the thing was flying. This is where the DEMO ended and I did not change the setting back to normal so when I did some cutting later in the afternoon poor old BBB was jumping and skipping on the x-rail. I realised my mistake and brought the speed down....but nothing broke.
I also managed to fit my Dremel engraving bits into my router. A while ago I managed to break the 1/4 inch collet...trying to tighten a 6mm shaft... When I was at the Makita main distributor...just around the corner where I work... I bought a new 1/4 inch collet and a 6 mm collet. The small Dremel collets fit inside the 6mm collet without a problem.
Old Mon 22 December 2008, 02:12
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Marius, what does your existing table look like, and what are its key dimensions now? Time for you to start your thread!
Old Mon 22 December 2008, 02:50
MariusL

Centurion
South Africa
Gerald,
I have done so and answered in the new thread. Look under "Project started not running yet"
Old Wed 07 January 2009, 21:57
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Last night I had a scare....switched old BBB's computer on and a blue screen tell me there is a big problem. Eventually sorted it out by putting the H/D into another machine running as a slave. ... This brings me back to BACKUP....Where / How in Mach3 do I backup all my settings so that I don't have to go and figure out ALL the settings to cut correctly. I did play around ad found a file with an extention called .xb1.....are all my setup's in this file ?

In the Manual there is a 5.8 DOCUMENT YOUR SETUP where you can write down all the settings....I want a soft backup.

Last edited by Kobus_Joubert; Wed 07 January 2009 at 22:11..
Old Wed 07 January 2009, 22:23
MariusL

Centurion
South Africa
Kobus,
Under the Mach directory you will find some files with the extension of "XML". One of them will correspond to the setup that you are using. IE if you are loading the mill screen, you will fins an xml file named Mach3Mill.xml. I do believe that this file contains all the setup data but I stand to be corrected.
Old Wed 07 January 2009, 22:24
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
The settings files are the .xml files (typically you would have used Mach3Mill.xml)

Also back up the licence file (mine is in Mach1Lic.dat)

Those two files are enough for quick new installation.
Old Thu 08 January 2009, 00:38
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Thanks, I used the MACH LOADER tool to setup a new PROFILE and saved it under a new name. I then whent and did a search for all new files with that new name and I got the .xb1 and the .xml file....both the same size 42k...
Thanks Gerald and Marius... I had made a backup of my LICENCE before.....but all the setup's.....I got a few more grey hair when I saw that UGLY blue screen.
Old Thu 08 January 2009, 06:35
Greg J
Just call me: Greg #13

Hagerman, New Mexico
United States of America
Just for reference ....

The support crew at Mach will send you a new license if you "misplaced" the original. Great support at Mach. Don't ask how I know.
Old Thu 08 January 2009, 21:32
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
I know they are great AND quick.
Old Sun 18 January 2009, 22:39
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Did some cutting this weekend....trying to sort out my workshop....was living out of boxes for the past year and everytime I am looking for a small nail or screw I had to go an buy some new ones. Made some shelves and decided to make some wooden boxes for all the little things....I don't like the glass jar storage system so much, therefore I am busy phasing them out.
IMG00022.jpg
IMG00023.jpg

Also took a picture of some jolly monks having a wine / beer and made a Mural on some scrap plywood....

IMG00012-weblog.jpg

Later I was told by the boss of the house to make her some coasters. Did 24 of those round ones I made earlier and while I made the 24 square ones I notice something odd.

While doing the POCKET, the firat one had some DIRT inside, but the other 23 pocketed cleanly...all on the same file.... I seems that old BBB and Mach3 had to WARM up first...
IMG00024.jpg

Any idea why this happens ?
Old Sun 18 January 2009, 22:58
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
. . . why that happens? Many possibilities:

Cutter moved in the collet
Router moved in the bracket
z-pinion gear loose
Step motor lost/gained steps (overload or interference)
Job moved (clamp adjusted during cut)
Old Sun 18 January 2009, 23:52
Leko
Just call me: Leko

Kaukapakapa
New Zealand
I would say it was the router heating up, bearings expanding and such. Or it could be air trapped under the sheet that worked out as it vibrated on the first cuts....or the whole table might shift just so much as your beer got lighter and lighter...
Old Mon 19 January 2009, 08:19
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
It might be from standing too long not using it.
Old Mon 19 January 2009, 21:48
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Ja ou grap gat....haal daai MM uit die container en laat hom brul my maat
Old Mon 19 January 2009, 22:30
Lex
Just call me: Johan #56

Empangeni KwaZuluNatal
South Africa
Mooi man! Wish my machine was at that stage! Can't wait.
Old Tue 20 January 2009, 09:02
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Ek is besig wag en kyk.Had a dream the other night and number 20 came up.
Old Tue 20 January 2009, 22:07
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Play the LOTTO...the way you are going #20 will be taken...
Old Wed 21 January 2009, 04:15
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Hallo Kobus Dis Hennie Se Ander Helfte, Die Mooi Helfte. Ek Dink Hennie Mik Vir No.37 So By Die 12 Rond. Se Vir Jou Beter Helfte Ek Se Dankie Die Rissie Saadjies Ontkiem Mooi. Ek Sal Dalk My Rissie Boom He Nog Voor Hennie Se Masjien Klaar Is Soos Hy Aangaan.(miskien Moet Jy Kom Help !)

Groete Carolina
Old Wed 21 January 2009, 04:55
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Se net wanneer en waar...ek hou van help ...en kan nie sien as iemand so sloer nie...miskien is hy BANG hy kan die ding nie operate nie....verskuilde agenda ??
Old Wed 21 January 2009, 05:32
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
hey guys - don't let us miss all the fun - kindly share the joke's - I don't seem to understand

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts