MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > After Building the Beast - Operating , Troubleshooting and Maintenance > Troubleshooting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 31 December 2014, 14:09
MK_CATANZARO
Just call me: mike #105

cincinnati,oh
United States of America
Problem with slaved axis

So I've been cutting with my Mechmate for a few years now and everything has been going great. Then last week without any warning, the slaved x(a) motor has started frequently (bot not always) going in the wrong direction. This causes the gantry to twist and jump off the rails. There are no error lights on the gecko 203v. The pmdx 122 is showing the correct lights on the direction output. My motor is the pk296a2asg7.2. Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions before I start replacing parts?

All of my wires are still tightly connected. Nothing has been changed. One day, I turned it off and the next time I turned it on, this happened.

I have pulled the gantry to get a good look and listen to the motors. The problem motor is occasionally functioning and sounding good. Sometimes it hums loudly as it binds. Sometimes it makes a gravelly sound as it runs in the wrong direction.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Old Wed 31 December 2014, 14:27
ger21
Just call me: Ger

Detroit, MI
United States of America
Jog back and forth, and measure the direction pin voltage at the gecko while jogging in both directions.
Old Wed 31 December 2014, 17:15
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Yep,
It's happened to me before. I had to reinstall Mach. But, before you do, try this....it sometimes works.

Go into the configuration, then motor tuning where you can adjust the speed curve ( trapezoidal profile). Move the slider for each axis just a bit and save before touching each axis. By just moving, thus resetting the motor configuration, it has restored my x1-x2 axis config at least 3 times it has happened. Something with the memory bits gets outta whack.

Try it....it worked for me.
Old Thu 01 January 2015, 12:29
MK_CATANZARO
Just call me: mike #105

cincinnati,oh
United States of America
Thanks Guys, I'll check booth of those ideas against it and see what happens. I'll let you all know if it starts behaving.
Old Fri 02 January 2015, 10:58
danilom
Just call me: Danilo #64

Novi Sad
Serbia
Check or clean contacts from drives to motor wires, this has been mentioned couple of times I think.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read