MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > After Building the Beast - Operating , Troubleshooting and Maintenance > Troubleshooting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 25 August 2011, 11:53
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Gerald,

Thank you for the explanation and that makes sense. So I think I will go back to the 40 and might raise it to 50 just to see what happens.

Sean, I have to look at what my setting is for the Kennel.
Old Sat 10 September 2011, 11:57
JamesJ
Just call me: Jim #104 (retired)

Kansas
United States of America
Gerald:
After much tuning I had arrived at an accel setting of 12 which does not totally get rid of problem but nearly does. I was beginning to think my problem lay elsewhere as 12 seems to be very low compared to the values shared in this thread. I started looking at the table itself and I started to focus on things that involve rigidity in the Y axis.

I have incorporated a hybrid table approach in that it is partially welded and partly bolt together. I wanted to be able to break it down if I needed to move it. The I beams, legs and X-axis diagonal braces are all welded. This creates two "sides" which are held together with bolt on end assemblies. The cross bearers are bolted on also.

I did more searching and came across a thread that talked about the size of the cross bearers which helped me remember that I had not used c-channel for my cross bearers. I had used 1.5" x 2" x .125" rectangular tubing. The thread leads me to think that these cross bearers are not rigid enough.

My question to Gerald is, could this be the cause, or a contributing factor, to my problem?
Old Sat 10 September 2011, 13:13
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
I doubt it.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read