MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > After Building the Beast - Operating , Troubleshooting and Maintenance > Troubleshooting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 17 January 2011, 16:10
Greolt
Just call me: Greg

Victoria
Australia
Ross, I also admire your perseverance on this Modbus thing.

Although modbus would be the bees knees there are other options.

Peter Homann makes the Digispeed right here in Victoria.

http://homanndesigns.com/store/index...products_id=21

This will give you control through Mach3 of CW (and CCW if you want) and speed (RPM)

I would like to see you succeed with the modbus, but maybe it is time to try another way.

I am even more interested in Skippy's efforts with the Hitachi VFD, as I am trying to do the same thing, and so far having the same issues that he is.

Greg
Old Mon 17 January 2011, 19:44
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Ross, The mot common Potential meter are volume controls for audio equipment. you have choice of 1k ohm to 1M ohm. Linear or log scale. cheap & effective.
Old Mon 17 January 2011, 21:05
Surfcnc
Just call me: Ross #74

Queensland
Australia
Hi Greg

Good advice.
Peter Homann responded with amazing speed to my email and recommended the DC-03 DigiSpeed GX V3 as you have.
Given some of the outlays on the machine his delivered price of $50 seemed very reasonable.

As money is no shortcut to understanding, I have some manual reading ahead of me.
Once I have something significant to add, I will document my adventures / misadventures.

Thanks Ken for the tip on the audio pots, if I need to use one your my man.!!

Regards
Ross
Old Wed 19 January 2011, 02:07
Surfcnc

Queensland
Australia
Got it

After declaring the end of my tether, today I ignored that and conducted a further test and got a perfect result.
24,00 RPM stops and starts, ran code over and over with it working everytime.
Ran the tests so many times Mac3 was suggesting it was getting sick of running the "fish in the bowl" test Gcode that was a known failure previously

The problem with the communications between Mach3 and the VFD is the adapter that everyone is using.

For those of you who are willing to read my build thread, the link to the product that will work is there for you all.
A sample of one is a bad sample so now over to the rest of you to independently verify my findings.

Happy - you bet !

Regards
Ross
Old Wed 19 January 2011, 04:09
AuS MaDDoG
Just call me: Tony #71

Brisbane
Australia
Thats great news Ross!! your persistance has finally paid off!! so what finaly done the trick?? and do you have everything else wired up now??

Cheers
Tony.
Old Wed 19 January 2011, 04:50
Surfcnc

Queensland
Australia
Hi Tony

I just posted the wash up for all to see in my build thread.
And yes I know I'm bad, I promise to stay out of the Hitachi Modbus thread from now on until I actually know something.

Regards
Ross

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read