MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > After Building the Beast - Operating , Troubleshooting and Maintenance > Troubleshooting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 13 December 2010, 13:32
agfmaquinas
Just call me: agfmaquinas

Toledo
Brazil
Gecko Problems after Computer Crash

(Moved from motors section)
Hello friends:

I have a CNC router with 4 gecko drives #201.Last week had a ray and burn my computer.I change it and 2 drives for the Y axis dont have signal of direction.The axis work but only in one direction.Any body knows what is going on?
Please sorry about my english.

Marcello from Brasil.
Old Mon 13 December 2010, 17:00
bradm
Just call me: Brad #10

Somerville(MA)
United States of America
Marcello-

The problem could be with the direction signal between your computer and the gecko drive, or with driving the coils of the motor.

I think it is much more likely that the problem is in the direction signal from your computer. This could be because the parallel port in the computer is not outputting the signal, or because the breakout-board ("BOB", maybe you have a PMDX-xxx?) also got burned, and isn't sending the signal to the gecko. Finally, it could be because the input on the G201 got burned and isn't working any more.

You should measure the voltage at the G201 between pin 8 and pin 1. It should change when you change directions. If it does, the G201 has a problem. If it doesn't, the BOB or the computer has a problem.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read