MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > After Building the Beast - Operating , Troubleshooting and Maintenance > Troubleshooting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 19 October 2010, 12:43
AJWConstruction
Just call me: Jon

Yucca Valley CA
United States of America
Mach3 to HY series VFD on/off control

Hello all,

I had to replace the spindle on my CNC router after the winding went bad. I took a chance and purchased an Air Cooled 4kw Chinese spindle and VFD, the spindle works good when I used the VFD to stop/start it. I used the same connections on the new VFD- DCM & FOR as were used on my old one. I went into the programming menu and changed pd001 to 1 and pd002 to1. I also made the changes to the ports/ pins output setting in mach3.

I still have no stop/ start via mach.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Jon Alwine
Old Tue 19 October 2010, 18:07
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Jon,
Are you certain that the DCM and FOR are the correct location?
Additionally, check to make sure there is not a secondary setting after enabling the contact closure for "std run or " 3 - wire run" functionality.
On occasion, you have to also tell it to DISABLE looking for a rs232, +/- 10VDC or 4-20ma potentiometer control.

Can you post a link to the manual, I might be able to assist further.

Sean
Old Tue 19 October 2010, 18:53
Kenrbass
Just call me: Ken

Richmond Tx
United States of America
The next to the last post on this thread has a wiring diagram along with good info on setting it up. It helped me quite a bit, but I am not running Mach, so I can't help on that section.

http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showt...hlight=chinese

Ken

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read