MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > After Building the Beast - Operating , Troubleshooting and Maintenance > Troubleshooting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 01 March 2018, 15:48
mersigns
Just call me: 1700 N Belt East

Illinois
United States of America
My Router Motor Died, Now What!

I bought my machine used. Set it up in shop and self taught myself. I really like the machine but have a few questions. Were do I buy parts for this machine. and can I get some help on the finer points of machine. We are a sign shop and really only use about 10% of machines ability.
Old Thu 01 March 2018, 18:09
jeep534
Just call me: archie

prichard, wv
United States of America
by parts what do you mean is there a problem or is this a general question these machines were assembled from parts from various sources and is it blue :-)

archie
Old Thu 31 May 2018, 08:36
mersigns

Illinois
United States of America
My Router Motor Died, Now What!

my router motor died were can i get it repaired or repaced
Old Thu 31 May 2018, 08:37
mersigns

Illinois
United States of America
I need my router motor repaired or replaced can someone help
Old Thu 31 May 2018, 10:00
servant74
Just call me: Jack

Nashville (Tennessee)
United States of America
Where to get router Repaired or Replaced?

Good routers aren't cheap. If yours isn't under warranty, IMHO, just buck up and get new one.

If you make $$ from it, keep a spare on hand, that way, even if one dies, you can keep making $$, and try to get the old one repaired or replaced.
Old Sun 03 June 2018, 10:54
pblackburn
Just call me: Pete #98

South-Central Pennsylvania
United States of America
Also most routers are universal motors. These are not meant to run forever like induction motors. They have a limited lifespan. For instance your standard wet dry vac uses a universal motor. Their standard life in terms of hours is 750. If you use this machine to make money and need it more reliable then I would recommend the expense of a spindle upgrade or do what Jack said, have a spare router on hand to replace the one on the machine with.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read