MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > After Building the Beast - Operating , Troubleshooting and Maintenance > Troubleshooting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 11 July 2015, 06:39
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Limit Switch Problems

It has been a long time since I have had any problems with my machine. I have forgotten some things. So I can use some help reminding me.

Yesterday, I was cutting and had no problems. Today, I am resurfacing so I can replace my spoil board. I kept having problems with my limit switches.

I did check to see if the E-Stop switch are good. They work and are not causing the problem. The limit sensors do not have any thing between them and the metal. They are not loose. The wires are screwed in tight. The relays are not on. Which I think the indicator light should be on.

I did not have a meter to check power etc. I am using proximity switches.

Please remind me what I need to look for. Thanks

Last edited by sailfl; Sat 11 July 2015 at 06:44..
Old Sat 11 July 2015, 10:44
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
After doing some trouble shooting, I think the problem is a cable is bad or a connection with the cable is bad. I have discovered that the proximity sensor is good as is the relay. I have a z sensor which I am not really using so I might just use that for the y sensor.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read