MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 22 January 2011, 16:27
bozona1
Just call me: don

New Brunswick
Canada
Greetings from snowy New Brunswick Canada

Hi everyone.

I've been lurking here for almost 2 years now and learned a lot about electronics, machining, woodworking and other things relating to cnc operation. A big thank you to the key people on this forum (you know who you are) for all the valuable info you keep supplying to the many members over the years. I had built a few mickey mouse machines until I happened upon this forum. My machine is based on the Machmate except I didn't have the budget to build it completely to specs. The general design is basically the same but for example the Y car I fabricated using square tubing instead of the laser cut parts. The working area is 30'' x 54'' because of lack of space. Motors are 440 oz nema 34s for the x axis and 23s for the y and z axis. I run a sign shop with my wife and we are now celebrating 25 years of operation. The machine works every day cutting everything from Sintra to Dibond aluminum. I have actually cut 18'' high 1/4" aluminum letters with it. What a super design Gerald. maybe i'll upload a few pics sometime. Now i'm off to read the newest posts...

Don
Old Sun 23 January 2011, 06:45
jhiggins7
Just call me: John #26

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Welcome Don. We would love to see some of your work and your machine.
Old Sun 23 January 2011, 13:12
bozona1

New Brunswick
Canada
John

Well documenting is not my strong suite but I'm going to try to make an effort to take some pictures and maybe a little movie of the machine in action.
Old Sat 29 January 2011, 15:32
bozona1

New Brunswick
Canada
I'm not sure if this is where I should post this but here goes.

This is a video that i took cutting air and a few pics. Someday I'll have some photos of work I have done with it. I just keep forgetting.

I hope Gerald is not offended at the use of the name and the blue but all the info and inspiration came from this forum. I know it's not really a true and true Mechmate but I plan to up the size one day or even build a real Mechmate as I can't afford to play with this one anymore because it works well and I wouldn't want it down, even for a day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU-7TeFXNM0

Don
Old Sat 29 January 2011, 15:39
bozona1

New Brunswick
Canada
Oops...were are my pics?

I'm not sure about exactly how to do that but I'll try again.

Don
Old Sat 29 January 2011, 19:06
bozona1

New Brunswick
Canada
Finally figured it out!

This one is details of my z axis. No gas spring needed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 23-01-2011 4-54-33 AM_0005.JPG (61.6 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg 23-01-2011 4-55-03 AM_0006.JPG (39.9 KB, 136 views)

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read